Airtel broadband optical line goes red each time power goes. Doesn't connect again

ISP
Airtel
Hi. I have been facing this issue for a while now. Every time power goes and the backup is switched on, my optical line is red. It doesn't switch on. Then suddenly it switches on. The Airtel engineer seems to be clueless and is giving me varied reasons each time. What could be the trouble? Router? Modem?

Hi. I have been facing this issue for a while now. Every time power goes and the backup is switched on, my optical line is red. It doesn't switch on. Then suddenly it switches on. The Airtel engineer seems to be clueless and is giving me varied reasons each time. What could be the trouble? Router? Modem?
Hi. What do you mean by Optical Light going red?

The light in the router that says optical becomes red. Sometimes it connects after half hour sometimes it doesn't connect at all. I have Alcatel lucent. And my internet connection is lost.

I guess yu are referring to LOS light which blinks in red, when connection from the OFC is lost. The issue yu are facing shd not be unique in yur area, since during power cuts the generators might fail in the local server room. This shd not happen. Check with yur neighborhood houses who’s using Airtel BB. If explained properly to the technician, this issue can be resolved, but I m sure that it will take lots time, since they might have to correct the entire backup gen!