Airtel Broadband: One year of inability to solve an issue

• Thread starter Thread starter vinieux
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 9,881
It is called the 1699 DSL Combo Streamer Plan (1Mbps). See below. As per this plan my FUP should be 100GB, yet my limit has been brought down to 30GB and my speed upped to 2Mbps. Amazing isn't it?

The unbelievable has happened. On the same day (Early Sunday morning):1) My speed came down to 1Mbps2) I got an alert saying I had exceeded my 30GB limitWAY TO GO AIRTEL!Time to say hi to MTNL or any other ISP

The unbelievable has happened. On the same day (Early Sunday morning):

1) My speed came down to 1Mbps
2) I got an alert saying I had exceeded my 30GB limit

WAY TO GO AIRTEL!

Time to say hi to MTNL or any other ISP
finally they changed your plan. .now just call them and ask them to change the FUP limit.

finally they changed your plan

They changed my Plan from 1Mbps 100GB to 2Mbps 30GB a year or more ago - without informing me. Now they have brought the speed down to 1Mbps with a 30GB cap - WTF?

Finally, how is mtnl in your area ?

I've been told MTNL is excellent and probably the best in terms of smooth speed - but WHEN it works. I can manage the downtime with my data card...

I will be paying a lot more for the same speed though, but I think it is time to get rid of Airtel.

It is amazing that none of the competitors have realised this is a good way to dethrone Airtel by improving their their own plans...

Tikona and Reliance plans are ridiculous to say the least. The Tata Indicom website is laughable. It seems to have only Business plans listed on the site, the 2.5Mbps plan costs Rs 5,000, and the FUP is not even mentioned anywhere.

Tata's website seems kinda shady , they've got something written about fup somewhere there on the lines of , "fair usage policy as applicable " . Afaik, mtnl's 2mbps uld is for 1899. And , from what I gather you were paying 1699 to airtel.

This is the thing that bugs me. I have told them repeatedly to charge me more. My office pays my bills so it doesn't matter. And they still cannot give me a better plan or give me what I ask for... And as per my records I am an 8 year old customer with not even one payment default in my name... I even got mails from them saying I am a Platinum customer...I have spoken to I don't know how many people in customer care.And in Nodal I have spoken to:NehaNeha SViky MPriya SAnd I was called by Komal V of Retention Cell and given multiple promises of 3 day resolution.I even visited their customer care where I spoke to an executive as well as a senior person who promised me 2 day resolution and told me mine was a genuine complaint. He even called other people on his cell for clarifications and told them to get it done before the billing cycle.They are completely amazing in their incompetence

Posting the same stuff again and again won't get you your original plan back. Go down to your local sanchar haat and get mtnl. Use the connection for a month, if it suits your needs, disconnect airtel. If it doesn't, bad luck 😛