Airtel Broadband: One year of inability to solve an issue

• Thread starter Thread starter vinieux
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 9,885
Airtel does not change our bill plan even though an alternative new plan is introduced at a lower price. We need to get the plan changed. I was also using the 1 mbps plan at Rs. 2222. I don't think it had a data limit back then. In the second half of 2009, they introduced 2 mbps unlimited plan for Rs, 2999. So, I changed to that. Later, they introduced a 100 GB FUP data cap on that plan and also for the 1mbps plan which was priced at Rs. 1699. Even though Max 150 GB or Turbo 150 GB plans were introduced last year, Airtel kept me in Freedom 2999 plan until I changed the plan to Turbo 150.I think what happened in your case was some time in 2010, Airtel doubled the speeds for 256 kbps, 512 kbps and 1 mbps plans. People that were using 256kbps started getting 512kbps, those who were using 512 kbps started getting 1 mbps and those who were using 1 mbps started getting 2mbps. Those of us who were using Freedom 2999 2mbps plan were hoping to get our speed doubled to 4mbps. That didn't happen. We were stuck with 2mbps. So, we were paying Rs.2999 and getting 2mbps and those who were paying Rs. 1699 were also getting 2 mbps. Only later, we realised there was a caveat. Freedom 2999 plan still had the old 100 GB FUP which was never really implemented till at least July 2011. But those who's speeds were doubled started getting ridiculous FUP like 10 GB or 30 GB. Airtel tempted the consumers by doubling the speeds but indirectly reduced the high speed data limit.

@balajikYou bring back memories of the time when Airtel started its decline

Well Airtel seems to have been doing lot of f*** up's in the recent times. In the month of Nov they changed my rental from 899 to 999 without informing me, When I complained to them regarding this they reversed 100 bucks! When I told them that I will shift to some other ISP they confirmed that they will offer me 899 as am an old customer.And now when this month's bill is generated, they have charged me at 999, when I contacted the CC, they bluntly denied this and said they we cannot offer you 899 plan as it's stopped. I sent them the email which I had received from Airtel presence in the month of Dec regarding the 899 plan continuity, now they have promised me to give Rs.100 waive off.In the end the Airtel presence guy mentioned to me as "How much rich will you become from 100 bucks", I told him thats none of your business and do your work!

Dear Komal Vij, Viky Magwana, Neha Sethi, Amber Vij, Khyati Sharma, Priya Singhsub: Continuing UNSOLVED problem wit my account no. XXXXXXXX.Firstly I would like to know if it is humanly possible to speak to the same person twice in Airtel customer service. It seems your interaction ID system is incapable of solving my problem of almost one year now.Attached are two files. One is my existing Plan. The other is the warning I keep getting every second month for exceeding my usage limit. I am willing to pay MORE to Airtel and change my plan to increase my usage policy. But whenever I make a request, I am first told it will be done by the next billing cycle. Then I get a mail like below from Priya SIngh telling me it is not feasible in my area. If it is not feasible in my area, then I want the original plan that I took. You cannot change my plan and usage policy behind my back and then tell me that any other plan is not feasible in my area.If tis problem is not solved once and for all, I would like to ternminate my Airtel account because you are incapable of solving my problem.Here are other complaint numbers and interaction IDs from the past:March 2010 Ms Neha 190248676 Interaction ID number - Promise of solution in 7 days, NOTHING HAPPENS27th September, 2011 Plan Migration number 4764938 30th November 2011 complaint number 6823554 - Plan not feasible in SOUTH Delhi, PIN 11001621st December 2011 Neha Sethi Interaction ID 59509538 - Promise of solution in 7 days, NOTHING CHANGES10th January 2012 Komal Vij RETENTION OFFICER - Plan Migration number - 10100352 - Promise of 4Mbps Plan within 3 days since I am Platinum customer. 11th January 2012 - emal from Priya SIngh saying Plan not feasible in my Area12th January 2012 - I get this warning in my browser - see attachment PDF file WarningI would like to know if 5 people or more in Airtel customer care are capable of solving a customer problem when the customer is ready and willing to PAY MOREThere are 2 NEW plans you have now 1599 2MBPS 75 GB and 1699 4MBPS 75GB. If BOTH these plans are NOT feasible in my area, then I want to be on my EXISTING PLAN (See attached PDF). You cannot change my usage limit and chosen Plan if you cannot provide me a better solution or higher plan.If you cannot 1) Give me my original Plan OR 2) Upgrade my Plan for which I am READY to pay MORE... then I would like to take this up with very senior people at Airtel.Please note my signature below. I too work in the customer loyalty industry and I know the value of a loyal and platinum customer. It seems that Airtel has no idea at all how to treat customers.

I doubt Airtel will budge, and if you're so unhappy with them, switch to something else. MTNL, maybe ? 🙂

My point is why wouldn't they budge when they have Plans - at lower AND higher cost for more usage? Are they incapable of understanding logic?

Hi. I am facing exactly, just exactly the same issue here in Gurgaon. I have been on the 1699 2mbps/30GB Fup, and 2 months ago requested for upgrading first to 4mbps, was not technically not feasible. I immediately requested to upgrate it to Rs. 1999/2mbps/150GB Fup plan, was told will be done from next cycle, it didnt! Called again, to be told that the technical team will be calling again, but nobody has and I remain stuck to my downgraded speed of 1mb after they kill your speed to half after 30GB on the 1699 plan. Airtel is going not only bad to worse, but its literally hell dealing with them. Am waiting eagerly for the Reliance 4G to start, but even that seems to be getting delayed month after month.

Dear Komal Vij, Viky Magwana, Neha Sethi, Amber Vij, Khyati Sharma, Priya Singh

sub: Continuing UNSOLVED problem wit my account no. XXXXXXXX.

Firstly I would like to know if it is humanly possible to speak to the same person twice in Airtel customer service. It seems your interaction ID system is incapable of solving my problem of almost one year now.

Attached are two files. One is my existing Plan. The other is the warning I keep getting every second month for exceeding my usage limit.

I am willing to pay MORE to Airtel and change my plan to increase my usage policy. But whenever I make a request, I am first told it will be done by the next billing cycle. Then I get a mail like below from Priya SIngh telling me it is not feasible in my area.

If it is not feasible in my area, then I want the original plan that I took. You cannot change my plan and usage policy behind my back and then tell me that any other plan is not feasible in my area.

If tis problem is not solved once and for all, I would like to ternminate my Airtel account because you are incapable of solving my problem.

Here are other complaint numbers and interaction IDs from the past:

March 2010 Ms Neha 190248676 Interaction ID number - Promise of solution in 7 days, NOTHING HAPPENS

27th September, 2011 Plan Migration number 4764938

30th November 2011 complaint number 6823554 - Plan not feasible in SOUTH Delhi, PIN 110016

21st December 2011 Neha Sethi Interaction ID 59509538 - Promise of solution in 7 days, NOTHING CHANGES

10th January 2012 Komal Vij RETENTION OFFICER - Plan Migration number - 10100352 - Promise of 4Mbps Plan within 3 days since I am Platinum customer.

11th January 2012 - emal from Priya SIngh saying Plan not feasible in my Area

12th January 2012 - I get this warning in my browser - see attachment PDF file Warning

I would like to know if 5 people or more in Airtel customer care are capable of solving a customer problem when the customer is ready and willing to PAY MORE

There are 2 NEW plans you have now 1599 2MBPS 75 GB and 1699 4MBPS 75GB. If BOTH these plans are NOT feasible in my area, then I want to be on my EXISTING PLAN (See attached PDF). You cannot change my usage limit and chosen Plan if you cannot provide me a better solution or higher plan.

If you cannot 1) Give me my original Plan OR 2) Upgrade my Plan for which I am READY to pay MORE... then I would like to take this up with very senior people at Airtel.

Please note my signature below. I too work in the customer loyalty industry and I know the value of a loyal and platinum customer. It seems that Airtel has no idea at all how to treat customers.

Technical feasibility is a big issue with Airtel. The DSLAM has to be within a certain distance from your home for them to be able to give you the 4mbps plan and they dont make attempts to penetrate areas slightly far away from the main road. I have been trying for 4mpbs for nearly an year now and yet no progress.That apart, the service has been really good and thats why Im hesitant to change ISPs. For last one year my net has gone down for only one day and they fixed it within 6 hours

Technical feasibility is a big issue with Airtel. The DSLAM has to be within a certain distance from your home for them to be able to give you the 4mbps plan and they dont make attempts to penetrate areas slightly far away from the main road. I have been trying for 4mpbs for nearly an year now and yet no progress.

That apart, the service has been really good and thats why Im hesitant to change ISPs. For last one year my net has gone down for only one day and they fixed it within 6 hours

Even you don't get it, do you? I have no problems if they have a technical constraint. That's part of life. BUT, they cannot change my Plan behind my back and reduce my FUP without my knowledge. If they have no technical ability to upgrade my plan, then they CANNOT downgrade it either...

Do you get my point?

maybe you would get this point. they are offering you a service and they retain the right to do whatever they want to do with it. as a customer you can either accept their terms and conditions or stop using them. it is a private company. it is not answerable to your demands. as a consumer, the best you can do is to move on. but of course... you are not ready to look at the situation from this point of view. you want airtel to meet your high standards of service. which of course they really have no plans to meet. simply because there is no freaking competition in the broadband market. airtel has very little competition in most of the markets they operate in. and they know that most customers would just complain and continue to use their network and continue to pay their bills. the number of customers leaving their network because of poor customer support or crappy policies is so small that they do not even bother to respond to complaints on this forum anymore. folks like you and me are a laughing stock for them. they probably read threads like these and laugh at us for being naive.

you want airtel to meet your high standards of service. which of course they really have no plans to meet. simply because there is no freaking competition in the broadband market.

NO! I just want them to let me retain the plan that I opted for (my existing plan for over 2 years, even at a higher cost if they choose to charge me more, which I am willing to PAY for) because they have technical constraints in upgrading me.

So you don't get it either.

here is something that you are not understanding. they have discontinued old plans. as a service provider they retain the right to discontinue old plans. TRAI has no policy that states that an ISP cannot discontinue their existing plans. the only policy is know is that the customer needs to be told six months earlier about discontinuation. i am not even sure that it is a hard rule or just a recommendation. if you want to use this as a complain, go to a customer court and challenge airtel that they did not inform you in time about the discontinuation of the older plan.

as for the discontinued plan... what are they expected to do? they did what they decided to do... they moved you to a new plan. maybe they did not inform you about this switch either. again... you can probably take them to consumer court for the same. nothing more.

since old plans are discontinued, they moved you to a new plan. it is your decision whether you are happy with the new plan or not. if you are not, discontinue the service. if you like some other plan get it.

now you say that they cannot give you the plan you want because their network in your region is not up to the standard... you have no choice but to choose a plan that can be provided to you. that's how it is. either you can accept it and move on. or you can keep cribbing about it and mock us for not getting your problem.

now you say that they cannot give you the plan you want because their network in your region is not up to the standard... you have no choice but to choose a plan that can be provided to you. that's how it is. either you can accept it and move on. or you can keep cribbing about it and mock us for not getting your problem.

What I dont understand is why the OP is not getting the 150GB 2mbps plan...

Thats the lowest speed plan available so Airtel denying it on technical feasibility seems weird

Thats the lowest speed plan available so Airtel denying it on technical feasibility seems weird
Again . .OP is not getting this plan coz airtel discontinued it! Yes , they have the right to discontinue it!

They discontinued it and moved the OP to another plan and since maybe they haven't told the OP abt new plans , they are saying we cannot provide the old plan speeds due to technical feasibility!

Again repeating-- Airtel discontinued old plans. They have the right to do so. If you want payback . file a complaint in consumer court and stop using Airtel.

ya denying a 2mbps plan on technical feasibility is wierd. If they offer the plan in that circle, then it should be given to OP.