Airtel Broadband offering a 175GB 2mbps plan for Rs. 2199 in some regions

• Thread starter Thread starter sskraju
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 7,633
If you're already in Max 150, they won't switch you to Max 80. Having said that, we do need Max 175 and Turbo 175 plans. Hopefully, they will be added soon.
This Max 150 I have in my house in Pondicherry.Here I have the choice of moving to BSNL 4Mbps 175GB.I will be staying in my flat in chennai for the next 6 months where I got Turbo 80GB.I,ve been told I cant upgrade to 150GB.Also BSNL 4mbps 175GB isnt available.Iam really surprised by the lack of broadband options in Chennai.Also,if I downgrade this 150GB connection to something cheaper for 6 months I'am not sure Airtel would give me 150 Gb plan back.

The BSNL 4mbps 175Gb (Rs.2150 right?) should be available in TN circle. But, it seems Chennai circle is different or something. If they offer me this plan, I'll migrate. Since they don't, I'm sticking with Airtel Turbo 150. If you have this BSNL plan in Pondy, you should go for it. Because Turbo 4mbps 150GB is now Rs. 2250/- and without any free voice. BSNL has Rs. 250 worth of free calls. But, if you downgrade to a lower option for 6 months, you won't be able to go back to 150GB plan as it does not exist any more. At least, not in the present.Depending on where you live in Chennai, you could go for Rapid 8mbps 175. See, if they can provide it for you.

Max 80 GB is Rs. 1699. So, if Max 175 exists, it should be like Rs. 2099 or Rs.2199. But, why no Turbo 175!?
The pricing of Max 175 has now been changed to Rs. 2199.
I hope Airtel will offer Turbo 175 GB for Rs. 2299 or Rs. 2399.
Rapid 175 is Rs. 2599.

but it is still listed in the fastest speed column. typical airtel.

Airtel CC seems to be down.Trying to change to this plan.Do they accept plan change requests on email?.

technically they should. but to ensure that you get your new plan, keep on bugging them through all the channels until you get a confirmation that the request has been filed and it would be implemented from the next billing cycle.

In my experience, e-mail is the best correspondence available for Airtel CC.The topic should be changed to reflect the new (actual?) price.

Plan Name Max 175 GBPlan Code FLBPL391088Plan Rental (Rs.) 2199Proposed Speed 2 MbpsFree Voice Usage -Local (both Fixed line & Mobile) Rs. 0-300 - Charges as per pulse marix >300 -2000 - zero rating >2000 - charges as per pulse matrix (cap does not apply on ISD)Free DSL Usage (in GB) 175Additional DSL Usage Charges (Rs./MB) NilFUP Download Limit (in GB) 175Speed Beyond FUP Limit 256Billing Cap - DSL Rental+Usage NAVoice calling rate (paisa/minute)Local Pulse Rate: To Airtel Fixed line 60p/minLocal Pulse Rate: To Others Fixed line 75p/minLocal Pulse Rate: To Airtel Mobile 60p/minLocal Pulse Rate: Other Mobile 75p/minSTD Pulse Rate: To Airtel Fixed line & Mobile 60p/minSTD Pulse Rate: To Other Fixed line & Mobile 75p/minISD Rate (60 Sec)USA Canada & Fixed line Europe Standard ISD rateSE Asia & Australia Standard ISD rateGulf Countries Standard ISD rateFree VASMovies-for first 1 month NOThis plan is available.CC mailed me the info when I applied for plan change.But post FUP is 256k.I'm taking it anyway.

so the plan mentioned on their website still has incorrect information? awesome.

So, this is basically similar to the old Max 150 plan, except that it now has 175GB high speed data. And the pulse rate is per minute as against per second.Since, Airtel won't give me 8/16 Mbps plans, this is not a bad option. But, I'm hesitating to downgrade from 4 to 2mbps. I hope they will have Turbo 175 soon. (I'm currently on Turbo 150.)

lol. downloads would take twice as long. other than that web surfing should be fine. i am stuck on 2mbps for 5 days now because of some shit going on with airtel backend. it has been fine for me. except that i do not run torrents while working because it is not that smooth compared to 4mbps.

Yeah, the browsing will be fine. I am worried only about the downloads. When there were Max and Turbo 150 plans, I went for Turbo to get better speeds. I haven't used 2mbps in an year. I am sure it won't be that bad, but I'm still thinking. I don't use torrents though.

I checked with Airtel. There's Max 175GB but no Turbo 175GB. Weird choice not to offer 175GB for 4mbit while offering it for 2/8/16mbit.