Airtel Broadband now in Hyderabad

• Thread starter Thread starter skidrock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 23,321

skidrock

ISP
Beam Cable. EVDO soon
Mods, I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to post this. Just wanted the Hyderabadis to know about this, with out going into Airtel specific forum.Hey ppl, just found out that Airtel Broadband is available now in Hyderbad. It seems like they just started. Didn't even update their website on this regard. After arguing with guys at my ISP (Aksh net) regarding non NAT'ed IPs and other stuff, I started looking for other options and luckily found this. For now, assured covgerage areas are Secunderabad and Sanjeeva Reddy Nagar.The guy at customer care (on phone) said it would take 5 working days to get the connection, as they have to dig and lay the cables. Also, Home 999 plan is available as well as others as in TN. Obviously I'll be going for Home 999 for now. Looks like I have to pay one time Rs 500/- for Reg. I wanted to know tech details too, like whether my connection will have unrestricted public IP and how good will the upload speed be, etc. Tech guy was not available today, so will talk to them in detail.As per my understanding upon reading the posts on this forum, Airtel is SDSL, and alotts dynamic unrestricted public IP. No NAT or any other kind of restrictions to play online games. Correct me please, guys.Will post updates tomorrow after talking to them in person. skid

You are right about all the things but do confirm with them whether they block ports... Also, dont forget to post your experience with them! It matters a whole lot to me as I am a prospective customer of Airtel. I am eagerly waiting for them to start their services at my place 🙂

yes skid rock airtel is been in hyderabad since 4-5 months but they dont seem to be expanding soon . 2 months back i entered my cell no. in one of their online promos so they got back to me in a week and said that they are providing conenctions in areas like Abids koti .Now u have said that they are doing the same in sec'bad and SR nagar. Good to hear that. Keep me updated by posting your comments and one more thing when the executive comes to your home to get the formalities done ask him about their plans of expansion atleast for mehdipatnam. If they come to mehdipatnam it wouldnt take long for them to come to tolichowki ,here is where i live.

hi guys,can anybody tell me how to get into contact of airtel coustmer care for hyderabad

Sorry, Izzy, was outta town for past 3 days.If your are looking for Airtel landline and Broadband contact number, then 50012345 it is. Guys, guess that sales executive would be coming over tomorrow to check servicablity at home.I would post once that happens.

Still, nobody was sent over to check for servicability to my home. When enquired at a Airtel outlet, they said that they are unable to get permission to dig roads or erect poles in my area. They say, by the end of Dec it may be possible. All that now I can do is, wait. skid

very sad...hope they get the permissions soon! They too haven't sent anybody at my place. Its been over 18 days and 3 phone calls to their CC... I am dissappointed 🙁Hey Abdul, welcome back 😉

how exactly they providing it.imean through phoneline like BSNL(with cable modem) or like sify usging CAT5's