Airtel Broadband New Rs.250 Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter Vince
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 14,034

Vince

Regular
In today's Hindu's MetroPlus. First Page.-----------AIRTELRs.250 per monthSpeeds upto 256kbpsFree 400mb per monthPlus free landlineIntroductory OfferUnlimited usage between 9pm-8am for 3 months (available for Rs.49/month after that)Free calls worth Rs.110 for the first six months.Offer valid till 31st May.EDIT:Rs.1.4/MB after free usage of 400mb-------I heard that Airtel is layin cables near my house, and I'm planning to go for this plan.

Unlimited usage between 9pm-8am for 3 months (available for Rs.49/month after that)[/b]

so they are charging extra to give u the throttled bandwidth... 😛

QUOTE(Vince @ May 17 2006, 08:56 AM) [snapback]51509[/snapback]
Rs.250 per month
Plus free landline
[/b]

Great plan..... for masses.
Practlcally free internet since you can save on your telphone rental by switching to this plan.

Rs.1.4/MB after free usage of 400mbEdited into first post.Guys, have you had any billing probs with Airtel? coz thats the only thing i'm worried about, if they charge me with crazy usage bills..

no problems on unlimited packages... never went into the backend to see how they show the usage of the net... 😕

Guess there arent any "limited" BB users here..?Well, yes, the only overcharging they can do to an unlimited plan is on your phone bill.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ May 17 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]51522[/snapback]
true. most airtel users here would be on the unlimited pack... 😕
[/b]
Yeah.. So ppl in UL plans can migrate to this plan.. get the 49 Rs. addon pack and after 3 months migrate to their old plans??
This'll cause serious reduction in costs for the 3 months..

QUOTE(ronscores @ May 17 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]51527[/snapback]
Yeah.. So ppl in UL plans can migrate to this plan.. get the 49 Rs. addon pack and after 3 months migrate to their old plans??
This'll cause serious reduction in costs for the 3 months..
[/b]
Heh, and be restricted to DLing only during the hours of 9-8am..

..i don't worry bout what time i want to get something or how much i get. Just DL & forget. I have not even bothered to see what my overall usuage has been since i got on an unlimited plan.

..in any case i expect the price of their unlimted plans to come down shortly. Mere speculation on my part, tho given that they moved me from 128 to 256 for the same price, will it follow that they do the same from 256-512.

This Rs.250 plan will certainly make internet more affordable for those that only want to surf & do email with the occasinal small download. If anything its idea is to whet the appetite for the more pricey unlimited plans.

Also take into account the fact that unlike their unlimited plans, they do not have contention ratios for limited plans . So if the double bandwidth at night applies to this plan too then one can expect speeds close to 60KBps at night. 2.4GB/night plus 400MB for day usage (should take care of surfing) for 250 bucks. Holy crap.

QUOTE(waterloo_sunset @ May 17 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]51562[/snapback]
Also take into account the fact that unlike their unlimited plans, they do not have contention ratios for limited plans .
[/b]
Only for now...how bout 6 months down the line 🙂

One of my friends has this plan, whereby u get 10hrs per month for day usage (pathetic), 30bucks/hour after that. Now the good part. He pays 49bucks/month for night unlimited for 9pm to 8am. He's been on this plan for quite sometime now and is consistently getting 60KBps since the double speed offer started. This is not a new thing. I download 24/7 on my home699 plan and don't manage more than 1.2GB/day. And i pay 780bucks/month. Here u download for 12hrs pay 250bucks and save on the electricity bills too. 400MB is more than enough for surfing and even the occasional lil download, for me atleast to take care of daytime usage. The only thing is, i suspect this won't be available in delhi. I'll call up CC tonight and if it is then i don't mind getting a second connection. I was thinking of upgrading to home999 from the 20th onwards but this just might be better. Someone do the math 😛