• Thread starter Thread starter prathapml
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 11,514

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
Not sure if this news is already known to you or whether this is a Bangalore-only offering, but here goes....Someone I know was offered this superb plan and he suggested the same to me, and to many other people, and we got the change done by calling Airtel customer care. Awesome since it gets very close to the 512 kBps plan at a slight value benefit! As usual with most unlimited DSL plans in India, it offers full speed both ways (meaning download at x kBps and upload at x kBps simultaneously, thus giving 2x bandwidth effectively). Here's what the plan offers:Speed: 448 kbps unlimited (means 56 kBytes/sec, but I get about 51 KB/sec with with occasional burst speeds of 65 kBps which is still fine)Price: Rs. 1149 (plus usual tax, plus modem rental, plus your usual telephone call-plan rental cost)

oooh. i can switch to this plan. i can live with 5-10 KBps less 😀

What is next... 300Kbps for Rs.900, 310Kbps for Rs. 901 and so on... come on! just increase the speeds of existing plans!

First of all, 448 kbps isn't even a standard speed. Secondly, why the hell can't they launch such plans nationwide, or at least in all the major cities.

What is next... 300Kbps for Rs.900, 310Kbps for Rs. 901 and so on... come on! just increase the speeds of existing plans!

Its great that they are at least adding more options for customers, but I'd have to agree here, increasing the existing plan speeds makes more sense.

Agreed, last year I changed my 128kbps plan to 256kbps and this year these ISP's won't let me to double up my speed for the same price. Instead they are just raising the speed a little by little.

in the 999 plan they have 48KB/s constant speed during day and 70 KB/s in night (atleast in my case in Noida) then why wud anybody opt for this plan ?

in the 999 plan they have 48KB/s constant speed during day and 70 KB/s in night (atleast in my case in Noida) then why wud anybody opt for this plan ?

I guess the 999 plan is excluding taxes. If you include the taxes then the price for the 448 Kbps plan is almost the same as the 999 one and you get extra 8 KBps. Isn't that good?

^
Price: Rs. 1149 (plus usual tax, plus modem rental, plus your usual telephone call-plan rental cost)

1149 is without taxes with taxes it comes to abt 1290 ..and the 999 plan comes to 1122 difference of 168 rupees a month for an increase of 3 KBps (as per prathapml)

Airtel should increase more speeds, im using 1mbps @ price much lower than plan.1mbps for 1111 Connect 😀

Got a call today from Airtel offering the 448 kbps plan and they kept insisting my current plan is 256 kbps when it is actually 384 kbps. Funny Airtel... but I am happy with their service so agreed for the 448 kbps @ Rs 1149 per month.

Just got changed to 1149 home plan 448 UL today download speed in utorrent 54-58 (on average) upload speed in utorrent 35-42 (on average) In HTTP, and FTP the download speeds are around 56-60

LOL ON ALL 512kbps and 448 kbps customer..........these are my current speeds under home 999 plan(384kbps) DAYTIME 6:30 PM today....

https://www.speedtest.net

😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛:thumb:

Hi Mac, You guys at Delhi are very lucky.I see speed bust from Airtel more often in New Delhi and its surroundings.Herein Kerala very rarely we get to have such things. Congrats mate