Airtel Broadband: My second connection is down since last night.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,773
Well After 4 days of follow up I decide to give up my Landline problem and use only mobile... My Problem -- 1. Whenever incoming calls, phone rings for like1 second and then call connect automatically (no one picks up the phone though) ring is so short that we can not hear that.2. It starts ringing automatically anytime and keep doing that for a long time, It actually buzzes not rings. and It happens usually whenever electricity goes down. Symptoms indicates clearly that my phone line is getting electric current from somewhere.... CC Update here -- After 3 complaints to 198 in last 10 days1. The guy showed up in morning of Friday in my absence even when I asked to visit after 4PM 2. First thing he did is increased the Ringer volume on my Phone and now we can hear the ring (this is what he says), according to him we could not hear the ring because volume was down 🙂 (I can't tell you my wife's expression when she was telling all this to me) 3. Then my wife tried to explain problem in a bit details (she don't have any experience with these AirHELL guys), after 10 minutes He declared my Phoneset as faulty, he did not even knew that I already swapped my phone with neighbour as I doubted that thing before calling CC, My phone working fine there and his phone is not working fine at my place now. 4. Then she called me up and I technically explained him, finally he thought there is a problem in Line and said he would visit in evening, Since then I called CC 5 times they keep mailing and no one visits. Finally I decided to leave it as it is and use mobile for all incoming and outgoing calls, as my broadband is not affected by Landline problem.

Check your Broadband connection. Mention modem/make/number.
Statistics/ADSL menu SNR ATTN download data.
Expect D/L ATTN to be above 40dB. and SNR about 10 to 15 dB
, as my broadband is not affected by Landline problem.
Ringer sound ( AC) on line could be dropping due to high
resistance contacts/rusting/blackening of contacts.
Also try/TEST Phone DIRECT without ADSL splitter.

Check your Broadband connection. Mention modem/make/number.
Statistics/ADSL menu SNR ATTN download data.
Expect D/L ATTN to be above 40dB. and SNR about 10 to 15 dB

Ringer sound ( AC) on line could be dropping due to high
resistance contacts/rusting/blackening of contacts.

My ADSL Stats are fine... And I am getting full 2MBPS with ping less than 200 ms, so I am Ok with that.

Reason you mention can be the cause of ring drop but My Phone can not start buzzing continuously for 10 minutes because of that... It is clear that they have leakage in their wiring from where my Line gets or loose current but Broadband is fine...

Anywhere whatever reason is , I am not worried about the reason, what I am trying to mention here is it's Airtel responsibility to fix it. Increasing volume on my Handset is not a solution to this, because I can hear that sound even at lowest volume ... and believe me it can wake me up at 1AM even if I set my handset to lowest possible volume (not 0)

There is a problem in wiring and not the handset and it's Airtel who can fix it.

A normal user like you and me can think of this but the Airtel Technician has not thought about it. I already did that and problem of dropping ring persist , second problem I can not check because for that I have to keep my BB switched off for long time, which is not possible any time of day