Airtel Broadband : Moving from Sify - Need plans/tarrif/advice..

• Thread starter Thread starter ortucis
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,075

ortucis

OMG!
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL
Since Airtel broadband site works like ass on every possible browser I have opened it in. Can anyone here please post their broadband plans which are above 256 kbps along with the price? (in Delhi of course).I am using Sify at the moment, 256 kbps day and 512 kbps night. Sify has worked fine for me for a long time, esp. since they reply my e-mails almost instantly (changing plans on-the-fly is a breeze, try doing that with Airtel.. changing a plan 3 times in a day.. lol) and unlike Airtel, never throttled my speed suddenly.But the problem with Sify is that their cable lines unlike Airtel are above the ground. Which means, constantly someone is cutting the wires and if not THAT, then rain or recently, the fog (moisture), really **** up the cables which means me calling the ISP every few days to fix the damn thing (which they do, but still, lot of wasted time). So right now, my pack with Sify (256 kbps day and 512 kbps night) costs Rs. 1122 + VAT. Airtel plans are usually cheaper since my dad uses them and I have used them in the past but I don't know if they have something similar. I primarily need it for downloading but don't want way too expensive package (esp. since I can't trust Airtel with not throttling speed halfway through for some asinine reason).Any ideas?EDIT: OK. Apparently, I was on the wrong Airtel broadband page (I have no idea how that happened..). Found the Swift 1099(Airtel/DL/FL/006) plan, which is 512 kbps 24/7 compared to Sify and pretty much same price. Good good.Everything else is looking expensive there (considering the risk of Airtel killing speed half way through).

Two plans that I see around that price range.

Heh, yeah, I saw that as well later.The plan looks fine and all but I was reading the fair use policy thread. Things haven't changed much with Airtel..

Though the FUP has been publicised a lot, there haven't been reports on this forum of people being FUPd. And there are some really heavy users here.

i have not faced it till now. but there are two things i would like to mention here... i am on an iptv package. i am not sure if this package comes under FUP. it is not mentioned on the airtel iptv package page. but i guess we are not going to get a special treatment when it comes to broadband package. secondly... i am not sure if i cross 100-150GB in a month. i might have once or twice in the recent past. but i do not believe i do that much data transfer in a month.

I guess I'll have to try and see. So far, even with cable issues, over 100 GB (upload and download.. mostly download though, about 80%) data has been transferred to and from my PC.Time to get dirty with Airtel.. again (seriously, it's like knowing your partner has STD but there isn't any other lay in the town..).

heh. if airtel is the partner infested with STDs... what would you say about others like reliance or tata... you have had a relatively good experience with cable based ISPs... 🙂