• Views Views 7,038

bintop

Regular
ISP
Reliance 300kb/s
Now providing 100mb/s plans in Ekkaduthangal area

88MBg25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So they are now offering 100Mbps over VDSL?

So they are deploying FTTH in Chennai? or is it like mine where you live in an apartment already with FTTH?

Since your VDSL was stable at 100Mb sync, give them a call and ask them. 😉

Yep. They are doing FTTH in some areas, new sites perhaps. I have tried countless times to upgrade my speeds but to no avail.

ofnfaw3.png

I guess I already have an answer to that as they have capped my line rate now to 45 Mbps despite being stable at 100 and 65 Mbps previously.

So this is vfiber or ftth? lol

Hmm... in other words its still the same, except for people with FTTH in Chennai can now opt for 100Mbps, the rest all get usual up to 40Mbps.

I went from 49 Mbps to 42 Mbps. I don't mind the speed caps as long the connection remain stable to be a backup 🙂

Guys this is FTTH . In blore near my house they have laid fibre and installed new poles with FTTH box. We never had dsl line from Airtel. On asking the team installing fibre said that this is greenfield project to counter FTTH cable operators and Jio. He also mentioned this being part of project leap of Airtel . Work will/ started in major cities and all lines will be transported to FTTH for future readiness

Airtel is replacing copper cables with OFC in my area. There are simply too many FTTH players to compete with.

Edit: Just had a word with a service rep. They don't have any immediate plans to replace all the last mile copper with OFC. V fiber is here to stay for couple of years at least 😀

Last edited:
@ Karan, No it is not Blue in colour. It is actually GREY and FTTH is written on the junction box with Airtel logo. They have started dispensing connection in our area and i have called them to come with forms and brochure.

@ Manojrk, I agree with you that Airtel is replacing copper backhaul with OFC in old areas since old blue large boxes have been replaced with silver poles with small blue box area adjacent to our colony which already had airtel copper connection BUT still for those users it will remain copper to last mile and Vfibre but in our area its their greenfield project and FTTH is provided...