• Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 6,489

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Rental and data benefits will be prorated, if plan change is done in the middle of bill cycle.
Example, if total data benefit offered by your plan is 10 GB and if bill plan is changed 15 days post the start of bill cycle, then pro-rated data benefit (FUP) applicable for the 15 day period will be 5 GB only.

Until now only rental charge was prorated but user got full data. Not sure if it's implemented.

@Navjot Singh noticed this. He should have the source of this message. But he did get full data after plan change on his connection so there's that.

This could be true. I migrated yesterday. At one point, the modem was rebooted from the backend. Only around 34GB data reflected on the smartbytes page out of the full quota. I guess someone from Airtel must have noticed these forums and fixed it.

z6WUEHu.png

my billing cycle changed so i cannot confirm what they did with my plan change 3 days ago ;P

wax5ftN.png

Got my plan changed yesterday. As you can see, not only I got the full data but the broadbandsurprise bonus as well. Though I am expecting for it to be removed with the next billing cycle.

And regarding the text this was picked from my plan change mail.

dC92egV.png

I got full 220gb when I upgraded from 150gb as well, but like I had mentioned in the earlier thread, they upgraded the billing details initially and the old data was still carrying on, had to tweet to airtel presence to get that changed. The airtel surprise was removed in the next cycle.

899 60GB + 99 for static ip with 50% off on rental. 50% off part i can only confirm when next bill is issued.

Speaking of data, somehow, magically, my data for the month has been reset, it shows all 220GB available. I still have 4 days for my billing cycle to finish.

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Last edited:
That just happened for me as well, and I have over 10 days remaining. Also , how does the data usage view show up like that on your device.On my my airtel app it looks different. Are you on iOS by any chance?