Airtel Broadband is insecure

• Thread starter Thread starter Depman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,134
Originally posted by Sushubh@Jun 11 2005, 11:45 PM
airtel does not provide routers to the home users.
[snapback]12347[/snapback]
[/quote]

stpmds/chennai/01-07-05

i guess airtel allots dynamic ip address for domestic users.
is its correct.

stpmds

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jun 11 2005, 11:45 PM
airtel does not provide routers to the home users.
[snapback]12347[/snapback]
[/quote]

Talking to the sales guy here in BLR, he says he can offer me a router for Rs.1000 deposit + 199/month rental or to buy it outright for Rs.3000. Yep the price has come down from Rs.6000+ for a plain vanilla ADSL router, no wireless nothing

And that was when enquiring about the 128k unlimited home plan. Or i can get the ethernet yozan for Rs.99/month (no sec deposit). I plan to try the yozan out to see how it goes before springing for a new router.

Might just get a m8 form the US to get me one, they are going there for peanuts or Rs.6000 (with wireless option).

Has there been any progress on this issue or ppl just resigned to having thier modem config pages open to anyone with a port scanner.

Originally posted by Depman@Jun 1 2005, 11:32 AM
While looking for ways to map my port using Yozan router, typed my IP in the browser an lo behold my router administration page opened up, a quick ip scan listed a number of IP's where the router administration page opened up. Tried the usual admin:admin or admin:1234 and whooo i could access their router settings, further if I saved the Airtel acount and password page to my local drive I could use a number of password ulitities which unmasks the password....hows that for security!!
My advice to all is to change the router default login and password immediately, if you do not know how ask Airtel people to do so and make sure only you know the new password not even the  Airtel guy.