Airtel broadband in Pune

bollywoodguru

Hi all,Friend's, right now I am using a BSNL Dataone broadband Home 1000 (384 Kbps) line. Airtel has just launched it's broadband in Pune and I would like you all to share your experiences of the same vis-a-vis connection speed, customer support, billing, installation etc…Since I am heavy user, Airtel guys are offering me a "so-called" unique offer which entitles me to a waiver of the installation charges, DSL security deposit and I pay only Rs. 500/- (refundable) initially.The plan I am interested is Home 999 plus, which has speeds "upto" 256 Kbps and "unlimited" download quota. That is very hard to believe. Please tell me about this. There sure must be a catch somewhere.Eagerly awaiting your replies. Thanks for the same. Have a nice day. Bye.Regards,BollywoodGuru.

Where did you get this information from? Their website doesn't have anything for Pune.

airtel has no catch on their packages except for the fact that u would be getting somewhere between 128-256 on their 256 package. but its fine most of the time...

Just got Airtel on July.Received the first month bill and it was 594 only.Speed is around 160 to 240 but stable.First they told until Aug 31 it is unlimited (Rs 500 / month) now they tell me for my connection it is till 31 Oct.I do not think there is any catch.

Can someone give me Airtel-broadband Pune's number, if at all its been launched there as bollywoodguru says it!

k guys, im using sify 256 kbps right now and im not entorely satisfied with it. and all i wanna know is shud i go for the new airtel offer of unlimited downloads at 256 kbps without any installation charges @ about 500-600 per mth. whts the download speed. plz advice me thx.

right now i get dl speed of 32 kbps with sify and ill only go with airtel if its speed is the same or better coz i dload a lot!! almost 1.5 gb per day. so if u cud advice me on tht 🙂

You could pull 1GB+/day on the 256k unlimited.What you might notice is the speed fluctuates as SUsubh said and i can attest from personal experience. Downloading is not affected by this so much as it's kinda polite, a download continues regardless of the speed.What you might have problems with is streaming as that is more demanind and needs a constant bandwidth all the time. I'm guessing Sify might be better in that regard, but they do have quotas anyways.

the million dollar question is whether "Airtel BB is available in Pune or not??" . Does anybody here know the answer??

Originally posted by Sushubh@Sep 12 2005, 11:15 PM
airtel has no catch on their packages except for the fact that u would be getting somewhere between 128-256 on their 256 package. but its fine most of the time...
[snapback]24945[/snapback]
[/quote]

I never got speeds below 200 kbps and it stays near 256 kbps most of the time if i use a download manager ,also for the last 1 week i am consistently getting speeds close to 32kB even on P2P not tested yet with DMs I am sure i wud getting even better speeds with them.I think this all speed issue area dependent