Airtel Broadband in Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter gauravtyagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 200
  • Views Views 73,207
Originally posted by WiZaRd@Oct 28 2005, 11:46 AM
Max, do u know if it's there in Goregoan ?
Call up 50012345 and find out!

I'll call up and ask...I am in vile parle. I'll also ask my cable operator to call them !!!!!! 🙂🙂 then its goodbye to chor pacenet

Pacenet sucks compared to Airtel. yogi, please let me know when/if you go in for the Airtel connection. I want feedback on their service (speed, quality etc...) in Mumbai. I have paid a lot to Reliance in terms of installation so I don't want to shift to airtel and lose more money in installation. I know Airtel should give great service but still we can't say. This is mumbai after all 🙁

yeah max, this is india, so cant rely on any service as such. I called airtel, they are not available in vile parle, and they had no idea about when they would make it available...So I am stuck with pacenet. Funny thing is that due to all these restrictions, my desire for downloading anything and everything is slowly fading away. I think its maybe for the best for me -)

dont worry yogi! It will be soon available in VP, trust me. Your situation is ok. Just look at mine. They have laid cables not more than 500m from my place and when I called them up yesterday, they said they will take atleast 1-2months to come in my building 🙁 until then I am stuck with powersurfer :'(

I just called up Airtel yeaterday... They r providing services in Chembur(W) in Krushal Towers (the building adjacent to ShoppersStop)I stay near diamond garden... They said that they can give no commitment that how long it will take them to provide lines near diamond garden and chembur station... but if they receive good response, they may be able to provide the srevice in 2-3 months...So if u ppl want airtel to provide services in our area, register with them by calling at 50012345....

Originally posted by Anand_Sharma@Oct 24 2005, 01:11 AM
hey my collg iz in Malad i will pay a visit ...
[snapback]29264[/snapback]
[/quote]

hey andand sharma,

you look pretty cool. is it your pic? 🙄

i havent called them yet.. but i seen those manhole things with bharti written on them and something like fibre optic cable surronded it!! so im assuming its wht it is..will i have to get a new phone? tht means surrendering mtnl phone? whts all the charges some1 please inform.. thanks in advance :huh:

Originally posted by seanthecool10@Nov 4 2005, 10:12 PM
i havent called them yet.. but i seen those manhole things with bharti written on them and something like fibre optic cable surronded it!! so im assuming its wht it is..

will i have to get a new phone? tht means surrendering mtnl phone? whts all the charges some1 please inform..
thanks in advance  :huh:
[snapback]30646[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well where do u stay...???

you lucky ....!! You need not surrender the MTNL phone. But you will need to take Airtel landline. The plans are pretty simple. 128K for 660(i think) and 256K for 999. Both unlimited and the service tax is not included. The calls that you make are charged. No rental for the telephone. Can you please talk to them and ask them when are they coming to andheri west??? I am very anxious to get Airtel BB!!

Hey r the airtel ppl laying new copper lines or they r using the previously laid optic fibres from the mobile phone BTS... 😱 If they r using the optic fibre n/w, then ppl with the BTS on their buildings might get the connections much sooner than others...I am not a comp expert and dont know much abt networking... But is it possible to provide DSL services using optic fibres, or does it require copper lines only???? (Dont laugh if this question sounds funny...!) :lol: