Airtel Broadband in Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter gauravtyagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 200
  • Views Views 73,200
Originally posted by seanthecool10@Oct 24 2005, 09:13 PM
dude if it is in malad let me know!! that wud be some news.. and wht exactly are the tarrifs they are allowing out here?? if they are providin unlimited 256k i'm ditching mtnl! anyone got a phone no..? or something? or better still has any1 already inquired ? thanks.. for the nfo so far!

PLEASE inquire here:

Airtel relationship centre
Behind Toyota showroom
Mind space building
Spectrum towers
3rd floor
Link road
Malad(west)

and ask them if its available in Andheri(W) too. Ok? And post their response over here. DONT FORGET! 😀

Also ask if they can come to Vile Parle (West). And I'll ditch pacenet 🙂

When i was in mumbai/goregaon this year i noticed a few things there which sucked big time when compared to gurgaon/delhi.1. All ISP's are expensive starting from the inital installation to their stupid plans which din't make any sense too..2. Renting movies/DVD's was very expensive 🙁 i went without watching a decent hollywood flick for a whole month which sucked 🙁N for u mumbaikar's sake i hope that airtel broadband opens their shop there n maybe a clone of delhi's own Palika Bazaar 😛

Looks like airtel is coming to bombay after all - read a short clip on page 8 in the TOI today 😀But since it seems to be just an announcement, who knows when they will actually start giving broadband connections.

Yeah I got a brochure listing the prices a week back or so, I'm so definately shifting to Airtel. I'm in South Mumbai so I'm pretty sure they've made their way here.Plans are 499/599/699 for 128kbps + phone + no installation charges

do they have the 999 256Kbps unlimited? PLEASE oh PLEASE say YES!!! Can you scan the brochure and put it online? Have they given any phone number? please post it here! I want to inquire with them...

oh and I would like to know if they block bit torrent. Its not a question about blocking ports...its more about identifying packets belonging to the bit torrent protocol and cutting the speed by "packet shaping". This is what my a$$hole isp pacenet does. So if anyone can tell their experience in airtel about this, please reply.

Broadband And Telephone Services : Ph: 50012345The brochure says its a special plan for our building, but then you can always enquire.Home699 PlusInstallation/Security Deposit : NILMothly Charges : 600Bandwidth : 128kbpsFree Traffic Limit/Month : UnlimitedFree Voice Pulses : NILModem Rentals : 99Rs/Voice Pulse : 1.10Contention ratio : 1:2Home999 PlusInstallation/Security Deposit : NILMothly Charges : 900Bandwidth : 256kbpsFree Traffic Limit/Month : UnlimitedFree Voice Pulses : NILModem Rentals : 99Rs/Voice Pulse : 1.00Contention ratio : 1:2For the above.........Free telephone Line with 0 rental with every Broadband connection(10 Min ISD/100 min STD/1000Min Local) (Absolutely Free) (For 3 Months)New-499(90/90)Installation/Security Deposit : NILMonthly Rental : 499Mothly Call Value : 409Additional Voice Pulse Rate : 0.90/pulseDSL Toggle Option : YesBandwidth : 128kbpsModem Rentals : NILAdditional Pulse rate DSL : 0.90For the above.....25% off on Local Phone CallsNot quite sure 'bout the last plan, no modem rentals but yet a bandwidth of 128kbps, are theya ctually giving a DSL connection? or just a Dial Up access, since it has something like DSL Toggle Option. Someone wanna clarify a little???Thats all thats there in the brochure nothing more 🙂

ITS AVAILABLE ITS AVAILABLE IN MY AREA!!! Anyway, I am in a 3 month contract with my ISP so I will have to wait until it gets exhausted... By that time they will definitely come to my building 😀THANK GOD!!! SOMEONE UP THERE LOVES ME! 😀THANKS A BUNCH TUSHAR! 😀

Finally! 😀 I hope u guys like airtel as much as i do.Max, do u know if it's there in Goregoan ?