Airtel Broadband i am getting tired of 2mbps UL speeds on my 128 k line

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 13,256
W

warthog

since oct 26 i am getting 2mbps aka 250 kpbs dl.i dl'ed 14 gb in from 26 to 31.From nov 1 the speeds were erractic.today i again got boost from 3pm but i went to sleep.called cc and asked that could this be a dry run for 8mbps introduction and he said yes and also the existing plans tarrifs could be reduced or their speeds increased.:thumbsup:go AIRTEL!

@warthog

1.Post a screen shot . SpeedGuide.net :: Your Guide to Broadband.
or
2.your modem's DSL settings page.

@warthog: you are tired of the speed but not tired of starting so many threads on the topic hehe

tired and enthusiastic??? :O

since oct 26 i am getting 2mbps aka 250 kpbs dl.i dl'ed 14 gb in from 26 to 31.From nov 1 the speeds were erractic.today i again got boost from 3pm but i went to sleep.
called cc and asked that could this be a dry run for 8mbps introduction and he said yes and also the existing plans tarrifs could be reduced or their speeds increased.:thumbsup:

go AIRTEL!

thx 4 the good news. hope they implement their plans soon. but I'm not getting any speed boost. I'm on so 128k and in Faridabad.

i will when i get my speed boost

Yes . look forward to your posting for tonight's surfing

1020 No luck in Chennai in my 256Kbps NU connection!.
And if you see the Tariff page for TamilNadu No BBplan is available for Chennai!
Look at the bottom of the page .

Giving a taste of high speeds to customers and then probably Airtel will bring them back to old slow speeds and atleast few customers will change to higher plans bec of the experience of high speeds which they got.Looks to be a marketing strategy from Airtel............😱

I dont mind tasting it for a few days, Airtel you know where i live :lol:

@ moderator Please close this thread. If X or Y gets more speed than his plan offered , he should post screen shots. I feel it is a passing phase/trial etc and should not be made subject of a thread here. How do we know under which plan the screen shot was taken ? I may claim I am under a 128Kbps plan but may be actually on a higher speed plan.

this makes me remember this song "Yeh jo abundant se hai bandwidth, kharch karoon kaise" .. old one..

@ moderator Please close this thread. If X or Y gets more speed than his plan offered , he should post screen shots. I feel it is a passing phase/trial etc and should not be made subject of a thread here. How do we know under which plan the screen shot was taken ?
I may claim I am under a 128Kbps plan but may be actually on a higher speed plan.

I agree with you essbebe... A few days back I got the same speed boost but damn it I did not press the Print Screen button. I transferred a file at the rate of 453.6KB/s (KB not kb) which approx equals to 4Mbps Speed. But that was like just 5 minutes. During noon time at 3PM... I wanted to start a thread too but whats the use without evidence... so I just let go... 🙁 I dunno if I'll get those speeds back! The problem must have been the power cut after which the modem had to be re-booted!! :madness:

Anyhow if Airtel is going to increase speed or reduce tariffs then let it become officially announced and then we could throw a party!! Till then lets focus on problems like downtimes!! I faced downtime for like 5 mins today. Called CC they said testing going on... How long will they keep testing??? 😗

Airtel we're waiting for u to act!!!

Cheers,
Amuthan.

Believe this ! on Dataone. 4.10 Mbps.
I got similar one from Goa bsnl site !!
7.57 Mbps almost 8Mbps !!!!