Airtel Broadband: how to transfer data with my friend on a LAN?

• Thread starter Thread starter yearsinrock
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 7,074

yearsinrock

ISP
airtel
I and my friend are subscribed to the same Isp airtel .We both live n the same area, . Can we transfer data between our computers as in a LAN (at 100mbps).If yes, then how.

Start/Accessories/Communications/Remote Desktop connection and ICS wizard.

dude, u two being in same area with same service provider doesn't constitute that you're in LAN..... u need to lay a direct extra CAT5 cable between the two houses...

know i heard when 2 persons have same isp and in same area they can share there data in lan with help of airtel 100 mbps line

You heard wrong. You will transfer data with speeds according to your plan i.e 128kbps or 256kbps.

Wot ever u upload / download will be counted if your in some capped plan. So be careful

xp pro sp2 both of us have the same and we have an u/l 256 bps plani googled and got a software named dc++ where u an create u r own hub and share databut i am not getting how to use it

@:yearsinrock when you find difficulty in using the remote computer option of Windows, the program you specified is more difficult. The third choice , is the link I have given.Did you study it ? .
Para two :You are on the right track Using Google and or Yahoo search. Please post your experience/s. I am also trying to interlink computer/s .with my friend , whose house is about 1 Km from mine. It may take another two weeks as he is out of town.
Para three : Read similar threads at bottom of this thread also.

Update:CrossLoop - Simple Secure Screen Sharing
google search connect two remote PCs
review :Free Remote Support Software | Terinea Weblog

see i simply dont want to connect two computersi want to share data through my isp airtels lan which now i have confirmed is like at very high speed like 400-500 kbps irrespective of u r plans.but my friend used to do it through a trojan ,which when i receive from him is automatically deleted by my antivirus

Download - Yahoo! Messenger
If you do not want to connect two computers on line, how can you share the files through the Internet ?
You can transfer files/pictures/programmes through Yahoo Messenger

Run antispyware program ! trojan is a malicious program !

@sushubh from yearsinrock Quotesee i simply dont want to connect two computersUnquoteMore complications !