Airtel Broadband: How to access ADSL modem connected to Wireless router

• Thread starter Thread starter uthfull
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 29,708
No offenses!To appus:-Question: You can bridge the modem and give username and password in router also (still it will work)... I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IN THIS SCENARIO HOW YOU CAN ACCESS THE MODEM GUI ? Your answer will be highly appreciated !!!Regards,Legend_Killer

My net PPP down as of now.. just came to browsing center for checking my mails !

Anyways,

Will you have an IP for Modem ?
Will you have an IP for Router ?

If you have one, just use the IP in http :// IP of whatever in the address bar !

It is not true that only one IP will work in one network !

Check check it out ! when we are giving IP, we should be able to access too !

Bridging the modem, that doesnt mean modem wont have a private IP, Modem still have a private IP. When you bridge, Router acts as it is connected directly. Bridging will enable port forwarding much easier ! So if you DMZ, the PC acts as directly connected to Internet (through Modem = > Router => PC)

Cheers !

Again, if we cant access the stuff, why we should give IP ?

This is a general query but I'm posting it here since I use an Airtel connection.

So I have the Airtel 220bx modem. Its connected to a Netgear wireless router which is in turn connected to my pc.

Now, I can access the the netgear router via 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.com. But how may I access the Airtel modem now which is connected to the netgear router? Currently I have no way of accessing it and each time I have to physically remove its connection to the wifi router and connect it directly with the PC. Is there any way by which I may access it without fiddling with the wires?

The setup is as follows : The phone line is in the Airtel modem. The LAN cable from the airtel modem goes into the input of the netgear router. The output of the netgear rouer goes into the PC NIC.

I am a new user in airtel. Earlier I was into sify and had Netgear WGR614v5 router working perfectly fine with . Now I want to configure the router for airtel broadband . Can anyone point me as to how to do it ? any help would be appreciated.

As mentioned in the thread, I had the installation guy change the IP of the beetel Airtel modem to 192.168.1.5 so that there is no IP conflict. But still when I try to configure the netgear wireless router , I am not able to connect to it 🙁

I am a new user in airtel. Earlier I was into sify and had Netgear WGR614v5 router working perfectly fine with . Now I want to configure the router for airtel broadband . Can anyone point me as to how to do it ? any help would be appreciated.

As mentioned in the thread, I had the installation guy change the IP of the beetel Airtel modem to 192.168.1.5 so that there is no IP conflict. But still when I try to configure the netgear wireless router , I am not able to connect to it 🙁
IP's of the different CPE (customer premise equipment)? beetel and netgear? check if they are in the same subnet. i would recommend subnet calculator. its a nice tool for those who always gets stuck with IP addressing. and a few more things i would check again and again if i had to put my feet in your shoes (feet size and shoe size does matter still and inspite) #1. ip address of the CPE #2. subnet #3. gateway #4. broadcast #5. cable (if any used i.e. wireless) #6. get a first aid book on IP addressing. most of troubles we face daily is mormally happening trillions of time and as per history records same mistakes tend to occur again and again. relax and check all these options first. before you think of fixing it.
p.s. wireless is a tricky thing, as no wires are used to traceback issues unlike wired n/w. so give us debuggers aka bugs as much info relating to issues as you can. perform the basic checks. and make an entry. as we are human we will make similar mistakes again and again, we are programmed like that.

PC/Notebook IP address must not be same as beetel and netgear, beetel and netgear IP addres should also not be the same. disable PAT (port address translation if enabled/present)
check for subnet screw ups. like if you put/pool CPE into different subnets? then route them properly routing is imp here. w/o routes no destination is visible.
broadcast any subnet's x.x.x.255 is a broadcast and must not be used and also sometime used as a multicast in multihome env.
gateway must be unique. dont restrict the gateway from entering Internet and dont block 127 series in blocked IP in firewall. leave the gateway as transparent as possible.
when wired? check for reachability of the gateway and some Internet host and repeat the same with wireless.
LASTLY? if you screw up? backtrace it, go back in time and think which step onwards you started to spit swears wide open to all and yourself. ;-) good luck. provide info enough to troubleshoot, limited info leads to maximum confusion.

IP's of the different CPE (customer premise equipment)? beetel and Netgear? check if they are in the same subnet. i would recommend subnet calculator. its a nice tool for those who always gets stuck with IP addressing. and a few more things i would check again and again if i had to put my feet in your shoes (feet size and shoe size does matter still and inspite) #1. ip address of the CPE #2. subnet #3. gateway #4. broadcast #5. cable (if any used i.e. wireless) #6. get a first aid book on IP addressing. most of troubles we face daily is mormally happening trillions of time and as per history records same mistakes tend to occur again and again. relax and check all these options first. before you think of fixing it.
p.s. wireless is a tricky thing, as no wires are used to traceback issues unlike wired n/w. so give us debuggers aka bugs as much info relating to issues as you can. perform the basic checks. and make an entry. as we are human we will make similar mistakes again and again, we are programmed like that.

PC/Notebook IP address must not be same as beetel and netgear, beetel and netgear IP addres should also not be the same. disable PAT (port address translation if enabled/present)
check for subnet screw ups. like if you put/pool CPE into different subnets? then route them properly routing is imp here. w/o routes no destination is visible.
broadcast any subnet's x.x.x.255 is a broadcast and must not be used and also sometime used as a multicast in multihome env.
gateway must be unique. dont restrict the gateway from entering Internet and dont block 127 series in blocked IP in firewall. leave the gateway as transparent as possible.
when wired? check for reachability of the gateway and some Internet host and repeat the same with wireless.
LASTLY? if you screw up? backtrace it, go back in time and think which step onwards you started to spit swears wide open to all and yourself. ;-) good luck. provide info enough to troubleshoot, limited info leads to maximum confusion.

whew !!!!!!! that is pretty exhaustive.. But I had tried all that .. Let me just mention to you all the steps I took , then maybe somebody having the same setup at their place might be able to help me

1) Noticed that the default ip of both Modem and wi-fi router is 192.168.1.1 . So the airtel technician changed the ip of the modem to 1.5

2) connected the DSL line to modem , modem to router and router to laptop.

3) Powered off all the three devices .

4) powered on the DSL modem and waited for 2 mins
5) powered on the wi-fi netgear router and waited for 1 min
6) powered on the laptop and went into 192.168.1.1

this as any netgear user would be familiar opens up the netgear setup page. Strangely it said that the Static IP detected. Does it have anything to do with the DHCP server setting in modem ?

The method which I followed above is the one mentioned in the netgear manuals.

really stuck up with this.. 🙁

/members/himanshupant/ see this web site.
Explained in plain simple English.
Omniscience: Setting up Wireless Router with Airtel modem Beetel 200BX

looks quite comprehensive and exhaustive .. will try it tonite .. will surely bother u all if I get stuck up somewhere 🙂

btw is airtel blocking link-removed / desitorrents site or the sites in itself are down ?

members/himanshupant/
btw is airtel blocking link-removed / desitorrents site or the sites in itself are down
No idea . ( I do not access torrent sites or game sites ) Usually no port is blocked by any ISP. ( unless advised by the GOI).
Check access control page in Beetel 220BX.
http://i6.tinypic.com/6ur7rd3.jpg

is anyone able to just open the site ... link-removed is opening up after repeated refresh , but desitorrents is not opening at all🙁