Airtel Broadband giving 500-1000GB additional data to all customers. But you need to call them up!

Yes, you should upgrade to V-Fiber and you will get the 100gb every month. Regarding the modem you should demand for a free one since you are an old loyal customer. There are members in this forum who got the modem for free without paying anything.
Regarding Chromecast it should work, but I am not sure myself, maybe someone else can clarify that for you.

Thanks for your reply. The option they gave me was 1000GB valid for a year the 100GB per month I got to know through this thread. I don't know if they are willing to give me that. I will have to mail them and ask for it. But which option do you feel is better the lump sum 1000GB or 100GB extra per month? Regarding the modem how does one go about asking for free? Does one ask for a rs 100 discount per month for 5months? The customer care people who call with these offers generally just say "sorry sir, such offer not available". My other hesitation for not paying rs 500 is that hathway is now offering no FUP 25-30MBPS connection per month for rs 999 which costs less than my current plan with FUP. I can use the money to buy a new connection instead. But hathway is unchartered territory for me. Any suggestions? Getting really confused.

You will get 100gb pm for one year, not 1000gb together. And you should, just simply demand for the modem when they call you for the upgrade, just be adamant about it. You can even call them up on 121 and ask for an upgrade to v-fiver and when they ask you for money for the upgrade, just tell them you are an old customer and you deserve the modem for free. They will eventually relent and give you the modem, lol.
Regarding Hathway, it all depends on your consumption, if you think that you can consume all that data given by Airtel in a month. Then go for Hathway or else Airtel is always a better option in my opinion.

you guys got 1000GB via retention dept or normal CC did that?

New connections are getting 1000gb added with their chosen plans and if you are an old customer just call them on their customer care number and ask for it. If they don't agree, just threaten them with a disconnection. I got it without threatening them as I am an old customer too.

You will get 100gb pm for one year, not 1000gb together. And you should, just simply demand for the modem when they call you for the upgrade, just be adamant about it. You can even call them up on 121 and ask for an upgrade to v-fiver and when they ask you for money for the upgrade, just tell them you are an old customer and you deserve the modem for free. They will eventually relent and give you the modem, lol.
Regarding Hathway, it all depends on your consumption, if you think that you can consume all that data given by Airtel in a month. Then go for Hathway or else Airtel is always a better option in my opinion.
I remember clearly the customer care rep said 1000GB in one go which will be valid for a year and not 100GB per month. Of course my 10GB top up will be discontinued. But personally which out of the two options would you pick? I'll try asking for a free modem as you mentioned. Might not work though! I remember I threw in a hint saying new customers are getting free modem then why are you making old customers pay? To which she said new connections have to pay rs 1000 as installation charges. Or I could try hathway for 3months which is their minimum contract when taking a new connection. Can I put airtel on hold for 3 months? So that I am not totally disconnected.

New customers are paying for the modem as an old customer you can ask for it. And if I had a choice, I would have gone for 100gb pm, but as far as I know, you only get 100gb pm for next 12 months not 1000gb.

And you can try Hathway for 3 months and then disconnect Airtel.

Hello guys, I am a new user here from Bangalore. I am a little confused about this Big Bytes plan. So I am looking at the Airtel website and they have a 1149/month plan that offers 100 GB data and 750 GB big bytes. So what happens after I consume the 750 GB of big bytes. Is there an FUP as well? Or has AIrtel completely done away with unlimited internet (at throttled speeds post FUP)? I don't see any mention of FUP in their broadband page anymore.

The big byte top up is valid for 12 months, after you finish your monthly 100GB, the 750GB quota kicks in, lets say this month you consume 50GB of that, 700GB will get carried over. After your 750GB is totally consumed, then the FUP for your plan will kick in. They don't mention FUP, but if I am not mistaken, it is 1Mbps for all plans now, someone could correct me if I am wrong.

Hello guys, I am a new user here from Bangalore. I am a little confused about this Big Bytes plan. So I am looking at the Airtel website and they have a 1149/month plan that offers 100 GB data and 750 GB big bytes. So what happens after I consume the 750 GB of big bytes. Is there an FUP as well? Or has AIrtel completely done away with unlimited internet (at throttled speeds post FUP)? I don't see any mention of FUP in their broadband page anymore.

They don't like anyone use unlimited x'D so they don't mention it XD
You will need to call CC and ask about FUP speed on your plan.

The big byte top up is valid for 12 months, after you finish your monthly 100GB, the 750GB quota kicks in, lets say this month you consume 50GB of that, 700GB will get carried over. After your 750GB is totally consumed, then the FUP for your plan will kick in. They don't mention FUP, but if I am not mistaken, it is 1Mbps for all plans now, someone could correct me if I am wrong.

No bro, I am still on 512kbps 🙁 called CC and they told me to upgrade plan from 599 to 799 to get new FUP speed :tiredface:

All plans?
Source