airtel broadband gets disconnected automatically

ajitjanagond

ISP
airtel
im residing in Belgaum(karnataka) and using 256kbps unlimited plan. I use muTorrent 1.7.7 and many times when i keep something to download and stop browsing, the connection gets disconnected automatically within 2 hours and muTorrent shows zero seeds and peers and it gets corrected when i switch off the modem(220BX ADSL2) and switch it on again.what is the problem? Earlier i had similar problem with sify and for that i had installed a small application which my friend had given me and he had got it in some forum which prevented the automatic disconnecton. Is any similar application available for airtel? please help me. thanks in advance

no disconnection for me:thumbsup:

1.If you are using "bridged" mode and using Dialer, there is no option to set idle time.in modem 220BX. If you select PPP/PPPoE select "Always On''2. May be the automatic scheduler/script ,or the download manager to D/L has a setting for 2 hours. .

im facing the same problem... im using azureus... after starting the downloads the internet kinda start to choke... and speed starts fluctuating, sometimes the modem hangs and i have to restart it...strange problem

1.If you are using "bridged" mode and using Dialer, there is no option to set idle time.in modem 220BX. If you select PPP/PPPoE select "Always On''
2. May be the automatic scheduler/script ,or the download manager to D/L has a setting for 2 hours. .

thanks essbebe but im not an expert in these things and if u can tell me where these options will be and i can do as u have advised and it will be very helpful. thanks again

i m getting thy same problem here in noida....sometimes link & data lite goes off and after sometimes it starts automatically...using 220bxi modem....is there a problem wid modem ?

I'm having the same issues - basically the modem keep rebooting itself or the DHCP doesn't work at times. I suspect it's to do with a buggy firmware update. I've raised this with the CC and they might replace the modem today so I'll let you guys know.

I am also facing the same problem...yesterday the tech guy changed the modem and the interval of disconnection seems to be reduced but its still happening..Airtel (384Kbps unlimited)

i am having the same problem , i am residing in bombay

is there a solution to this ????

its very frustrating to restart the modem every 10 min , please help !!!!!!!!

i wrote a mail to airtel

Respected Sir/Madame,
I am an airtel user for the past 3 years , but over the last 6 months i am having a lot of issues with frequent disconnection with my internet connection , over the last week its been even more
My airtel telephone number is 022-******** , over the past 1 week my internet keeps on getting disconnected every 10 minutes and as i write this mail i have already restarted the modem 3 times for the internet to work , i have the beetel 220bx adsl2 + modem and the link and the data light just goes off every 10 min .
I am not the only one facing the same problem there are many other users from all over india facing the same problem , for proof please check the following link
out here most of the people including me are facing the same problem .
Regarding my complaint , my complaint number was 11949192 and the person whom i spoke to he just HANGED up the phone , this is not the first time someone in the customer care who has done that , there is a message which says THIS CALL MAY BE RECORDED ..... , i wonder if anyone even heard the recorded conversation because if someone did then ya'll will probably get to know HOW BAD THE CUSTOMER CARE PEOPLE ARE ! , which customer care helpline HANGS up the phone on the CUSTOMER!?!?! .
please look in this matter as soon as possible as my airtel internet experience is getting detoriated day by day and if doesnt improve then i probably wont be having any other choice to change my ISP provider .
Hoping to have a better response .
Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.Try only GDMT as mod and bitswap enabled.2. If in Beetel 220BX1 Under Management Client_TR 069 isenabled uncheck it. or increase the time selected. ( this reconnects the modem automatically )( some modems may not have this facility )3. Check under Statistics ADSL page SNR Attn line speed etc.If attn is too high check the cables for rusting. corrosion etc.Ensure all phones are connected after the ADSL splitter. ( rarely faulty)4. Call Airtel CC and get regn no. for your complaint.Follow up : email, if no action. 5. Usually Airtel will replace the modem.

well i did notice one thing , as soon as you start utorrent to start downloading my net stops working something to do with torrents or airtel ? or is it just me ?

Hi,This is my first Posting in BroadBandforum. I have the same problem as many in this forum, my Beetel 220BXI ADSL2+MODEM Restarts. At first the Lights stops glowing for few seconds and all of a sudden the Link(Orange colour) & Data(Green) is lost and they would Restart. By the way i have a
256Kbps Unlimited. A lot of my precious time is wasted like this.
I called the customer care they responded by sending the Engineers but not
very useful as he himself said, he has no idea why its restarting, they went on to punch my cable and found no errors in it. But again he found that its restarting and i just gave up on it. Does link-removed have any problem ?
Is there any solution to this problem please Reply any suggestions would be helpful.

My house is located close to the Airtel Exchange, just 50 seconds. At times i get weired speeds as well.

Last edited by a moderator: