Airtel Broadband: FTP Server !

• Thread starter Thread starter rspremium
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 21,425

rspremium

ISP
Airtel 256 UL
I m trying to setup a ftp server in my PC , and facing some problems regarding that .My router is 220BX modem.[R] Connecting to ****.myftp.org -> DNS=****.myftp.org IP=122.164.127.76 PORT=21 (attempt # 1)[R] Connected to ****.myftp.org[R] 220 Ftp firmware update utility[R] USER anonymous[R] 331 Password please.[R] PASS (hidden)[R] 421 Login incorrect.[R] Connection failedI have setup the ip in no-ip , setup the server using bulletproof application . The thing i m stuck at is Router settings ....What should i configure in my router ?

looks like router settings is fine, if the user/password exchange is happening.check in your ftp server configuration whether you have enabled anonymous access...

well if i give the uname and pwd of router login is accepted , i think the ports are not forwarded properly ... ANy ideas ?

oh then maybe your router has its own ftp server running!??!anyway, then you need to find a "NAT" section in your router config. set it so that the external TCP port 21 is forwarded/redirected to your PC's internal IP, say 192.168.1.2... something like that...

Virtual Server allows you to direct incoming traffic from WAN side (identified by Protocol and External port) to the Internal server with private IP address on the LAN side. The Internal port is required only if the external port needs to be converted to a different port number used by the server on the LAN side. A maximum 32 entries can be configured.

Server Name External Port Start External Port End Protocol Internal Port Start Internal Port End Server IP Address Remove
FTP 21 21 TCP 21 21 192.168.1.2

This is what i have for config in NAT -- Virtual Servers Setup ....

Am i doing anything wrong ??? essbebe it would be great if u could send me some pics reg the config of router !

Also try OPENDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
You need a static IP and porforward.com
selects a static IP when you give the Dynamic IP
usually above 100 say 192.168.1.N ( where N can be 100 to 254)

Update : 10th oct
In your computer TCP/IP select Automatically assign IP and DNS
Port 21 TCP why 192.168.1.2 in Virtual server page ?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!I am also having the same issue.First of all when I contacted Airtel, they said I need to get static IP to setup FTP. However I used FTP earlier with different dsl with Dynamic ip. Only the ip changes if I reboot the modem. Now I tried so many setup but nothing works..Here is what I followed.1. Setup the port forwarding in NAT of modem:Server Name External Port Start External Port End Protocol Internal Port Start Internal Port End Server IP Address Remote Host Remove FTP 21 21 TCP/UDP 21 21 192.168.1.2 2. IIS, I assigned port 21 for the FTP.when I browse with the internal IP address, FTP works fine.when I try with external IP Address,C:\Documents and Settings\rajesh>ftp XXX.XXX.XX.XXConnected to XXX.XXX.XX.XX.220 Ftp firmware update utilityUser (XXX.XXX.XX.XX🙁none)): I get this message...anonymous user name and password doesn't workThen I saw this mail chain, where modem user name and password works..Thats true but get the folling message when I connect230 User logged in.ftp> ls200 PORT 192.168.1.2:1354 OK500 Unknown command: "NLST"by looking at this, it means that port forwarding works but forwarding to 1354 ?.and it keeps changing for every command.I almost spent months on this with every possiblity but nothing works. Now I use filemanager to transfer files.Now I want to setup website but again facing the same issue when I browse externally.I dont find the alternative to host this as I have SQL server and other .net componentsPlease help!!!!!!!!!!!!