Airtel Broadband: Freedom 1699 to Streamer 1699 with double speed after 6 month offer!

Bazisuanming

ISP
Airtel Freedom 1699
Got an sms from airtel that based on my complaint, freedom 1699 will be changed to streamer 1699.As I never made this complaint I complaint to airtel. 1 hour later I got a call from airtel asking me why I don't want to change. The person told me that if I take streamer 1699 and stay with it for 6 month would I get automatically upgraded to double speed. The FUP would be same as in freedom 1699.anybody has heard about this before? I'm in MP circle.

dude read the fine prints! airtel's recent activities are giving me doubts about their motives. they are luring people into a brand new plan that has a solid FUP limit...

I had the same doubts and asked for a mail explaining the scheme. This is what I got just 10 min back:

This is a Limited New Year OfferThis special offer is being made available only to some of our loyal customers so that we can provide better value for your money by providing maximum possible services at zero cost and to enable you to explore the full potential of Airtel Broadband.

If you are interested in availing this offer, I request you to kindly reply to this mail as soon as possible so that we can go ahead with the further process and provide you speedy service. A prompt reply will be appreciated since this is a limited period offer.

after 6 month your internet speed increases 2 mbps 24 hour.

We at Airtel are committed to offer our customers best in class services. I would like to thank you for believing in the brand and taking our services. Please feel free to call us at 121/ 44444121 (toll free) or mail us at wecare.west@airtel.in for further queries/concerns.

Fair uses policy applicable all plan with this plan get the 1 mbps speed 100GB after that speed will be 512 kbps.

Looking forward to an early response.

PS: It seams that the plan name is still Freedom 1699, but customer segment is called streamer.
Other changes are A2A 1p/sec and others 1.2p/sec

alright the question is. have you ever faced FUP on your existing plan? it exists on paper but have you suffered half speed after 100GB of data transfer?

so basically you are being transfered to a plan that HAS FUP! 🙂 getting the hints? 🙂

alright the question is. have you ever faced FUP on your existing plan? it exists on paper but have you suffered half speed after 100GB of data transfer?

I just faced FUP on Freedom 2999!

hmm..are they hinting that they intend to launch 2 mbps for 1699 in 6 months time..even with 100 GB as FUP..i think its a decent plan..

i thought you moved to 1mbps to try getting double speed for 100 bucks?

Nope. That failed.

so basically you are being transfered to a plan that HAS Fair Usage Policy! 🙂 getting the hints? 🙂

According to them I have already Fair Usage Policy

Yep. I got the Fair Usage Policy notice on one day! I got it three times that day. Had to reset my modem thrice. Next day though it was gone!