Airtel Broadband Fraud by generating a monthly bill of 35K.

• Thread starter Thread starter Prerna
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 9,959

Prerna

ISP
Airtel broadband
I have been using airtel for more than 2 years now and I was using the plan for 698 rs rental and speed of 512kbps with night unlimited from 10 PM to Morning 8 AM.But suddenly from past two months I have started getting enormous bills and When i enquired about this in June I was told the plan is same but there must be some error with the billing department and would be rectified.No rectification was done and service request was closed.Then Again comes the month of July and I receive a bill amount of 35,000.I called up the customer care number of times to enquire about my plan and I was told that My plan is same as mentioned above.But then when I had a talk with one of the supervisors and he told my plan has been changed and that too without my knowledge.It was a horror as they said they have stopped the unlimited download from 10PM to 8AM and I was not even informed about the same.This is ridiculous I have taken a plan according to my convenience and then those people change my plan from the backend and expect me to pay the same.I would be more willing to go to the court for the fraud which airtel has done with me by changing my plan altogether from the back end without my knowledge and then asking me to pay the same.It is as good as if some person has taken an unlimited plan and it is changed to a limited plan without his prior knowledge.And on top of all this they ask me to pay the amount else they won't disconnect my connection.This is mental harassment.I am stuck with airtel and can't even use it as am scared as to how much they would charge me for that.I am not paying any amount other then the rental i had to pay.I have all the original bills which was provided to me at the time when i took the connection and in that it is mentioned clearly that night unlimited usage. Also the recorded voices of all the customer care people who told me that my plan was changed by them without my knowledge.Please help and let me know what needs to be done.I don't want to waste my hard earned money like this. Thanks,Prerna

right. airtel has been known to change the plan of the user without informing him of the change. go to consumer court. get them to withdraw these bills. and if you are still stuck with airtel (if they are the only decent provider in your area). switch to one of the newer plans manually.

Hey thanks for the reply.But I am not sure of the method to approach the consumer court.Plz help.

Yes n u can ask for compensation of mental shock for sending this Bill 😀Pulll them in court they will only call to u later n tell that we will resolve the issue our self hahahhaha

Yes n u can ask for compensation of mental shock for sending this Bill 😀

Pulll them in court they will only call to u later n tell that we will resolve the issue our self hahahhaha

indian courts really do not pay much in the name of mental agony or punitive damages. the best would be to settle the bills quickly and get over with this mess.

airtel definitely cannot expect her to pay 35K. the sane thing would be for them to cancel these absurd bills. and let her pick a plan that suits her needs.

Hey thanks for the reply.Also I have raised a service request with the airtel customer care .Should I wait for them to reply back or go to the consumer court for the resolution.

going to the consumer court would not harm you in any way. i think the charges are low (might be even free). and a notice from the consumer court to the company should be enough to get them to resolve the problem quickly.company representatives are unlikely to be of much help. they are going to keep dragging the problem. just do the right thing!

Thanks that really helps would definately approach the consumer court for the resolution of the problem right away.

Here are my two cents:Your first step should be to exhaust all possible avenues with Airtel. Contact customer care and escalate the issue. You can contact the nodal officer of your region. As far as possible, try to get things done over e-mail (even if you talk to someone on e-mail, promptly send an e-mail confirming the contents of the conversation you had with them - because then the onus is on them to deny the same or accept the same by their silence).If that does not work, then send them a legal notice. I don't know any lawyers in Pune, but you can take the help of someone locally.If that still does not work, then go to consumer court. By now you should have all the evidence you need.(Also in case you have decided to disconnect airtel, then send them an e-mail and registered a.d. letter stating that you are disconnecting, and that while the amount due to them is in dispute as per your complaint to them, they should disconnect your connection immediately, and that you will not be liable for any charges for their failure to process your request for disconnection).

Will Disconnection and consequent retention be of any use?? They start Listening to you only when you utter the words "Disconnect my service" on the CC calls....

^ That's how you should start every conversation with their CC :biggrin: , "Hello , I want to disconnect my connection" and they will resolve your problem immediately , i have to use the disconnection threat almost every time i call them , they have changed my plan without informing me thrice in the last 4-5 months , In this case this wont work because they will ask you to pay the bill first but after the consumer court threat i am sure they will correct the bill.

Oh fck. 35K monthly bill. That is surely screwed up. Hope that it is fixed soon. If they change plans without notification then it is pathetic to say the least. But still how was that 35K. I mean what were the rates they were charging for overuse. I mean if I go by the current plans then they charge 20paisas per MB so it would mean 1 Rupee for every 5 MB. So, if you plan was worth say a thousand bucks (especially being limited plan) then it would mean that you had downloaded 34000*5MB=170GB a monthWTF. They are doing extremely wrong but if you were consuming such a massive bandwidth on a limited home connection for all these years which was only for seven hundred bucks then you were also screwing up their connection all these years. But the numbers seems to be really screwed up too and that amount of download is nearly impossible on a 512 kbps connection. Reason is because a 512 kbps connection would normally give only around 200MB download an hour. So, that would mean 1 GB in 5 hours. And that would mean you have to spend 170*5=850 hours. That would mean 850/30=28.33 hours. FFS a day has got only 24 hours so that is totally impossible on a 512 kbps connection. What plan were you changed to. You are screwed up to be frank and they seem to be lying. And for a normal user it is impossible to download anywhere near 170 GB a month. Something is surely messed up completely in your case. Take all bill details and plan details as those do not seem correct on a 512 kbps connection.