• Thread starter Thread starter scorpio24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 10,954

scorpio24

ISP
BSNL
Hi,
I am a user of BSNL BroadBand. I am using the 750 Unlimited plan and pay Rs.750/month for unlimited broadband @256kbps. I live in Salt Lake, Kolkata where there is also Airtel coverage. I talked to a person from Airtel today and she told me about a Plan for Rs.499/month (unlimited) @512kbs (24hrs). I did'nt find any such plan on their website nor any information on the internet. She is supposed to call me back today (03/06/2010). Does any such plan actually exist?. Should I go for Airtel?

Thanks and regards,
Scorpio24 🙂

I think she was mentioning about the Combo 499 plan. Yes, there exists a plan. It used to have 1Mbps speeds, now they have reduced it to 512kbps. It comes with a Fair Usage Policy of 5GB, which is never implemented (according to some of the members in this forum).Whether you must opt for this plan or not - it is entirely up to you. I am highly unsure about the implementation of Fair Usage Policy (me thinks, me will be screwed when me crosses the 5GB cap 😉)They provided me with 1Mbps for four days, after which they reduced the speeds to 512kbps. I had to pull some strings within the company to get the speeds reinstated to 1Mbps.

Hey scorpio24 the Airtel plan is with some serious Fair Usage Policy limits, BTW if you are going with BSNL recently the have upgraded their Rs 750 (256k kbps) plan to 512 kbps without any Fair Usage Policy limits so bsnl broadband has become competitive 🙂

Hey scorpio24 the Airtel plan is with some serious Fair Usage Policy limits, BTW if you are going with BSNL recently the have upgraded their Rs 750 (256k kbps) plan to 512 kbps without any Fair Usage Policy limits so bsnl broadband has become competitive 🙂

They may have increased speed from 256 kbps to 512 kbps in Hyderabad but not in Kolkata 😢

They may have increased speed from 256 kbps to 512 kbps in Hyderabad but not in Kolkata 😢

The speed upgradation for BSNL is applicable all over India ..

Which plan are you currently on? This is a screenie showing 1.76Mbps. So, if you are on UL750, you must be getting somewhere around 0.5Mbps as the download speeds. 🙂