Airtel Broadband down since 10/05/2015 due to Metro Work in Faridabad

• Thread starter Thread starter Neo8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 9,118
I am looking for a demo of reliance at my place and a confirmation that 797 recharge will definitely be unlimited as stated in website. By past experiences I have seen dese companies show something else on websites and in the real things change their stance stating plans have changed.

Go to the rcom store. Fwiw, on the recharge portal it shows unlimited on entering my dongle number, but can't test it since I have Pro3.

Still wired should be much better in either case.

You are right. Wired seems to be a better option.
Dropped the Rcom idea. The reviews all over the net about reliance aren't Good at all.

Stumbled upon Tata docomo broadband page. They have a 2mbps unlimited for Haryana for 1499 I guess.

How is Tata docomo?
Advisable to take?
Will the speed to download be in the range of 200—250kb/s?

I never got more than 1 Mb/s on my Reliance 3 connection, and lots of others have had the same experience.

Tata has very limited coverage. If they're present, no harm in trying. No idea about uptime, these days.

You are right. No Docomo here. So, bsnl seems to be the only wired option. The guy was supposed to come today to discuss plans and didn't came.

Evdo people says demo will take few days.

Typical govt. Organization.

Finally yesterday I got my BSNL broadband installed after so many calls . I had apllied on 21/05/2015 by giving my documents and advance , even the form was filled by me . I have taken the 4mbps unlimited 175 gb fup plan . But my speeds as you can see from the screenshot are arpund 3.5 to 3.3 mbps which is a dissapointment.
-- dead tinypic image removed --

The landline was installed day before .As you can see in the screenshot the speed was juat 2 mbps when the modem was installed day before and it took a full day to get around 3.5 instead of 4mbps.

Your line speed is probably set at 4000kbps. I used to get worse. Airtel gives you more than advertised usually. But at least bsnl does not charge as much for bandwidth.

@chromaniac You are right I have a better plan with almost 1.5 times speed and also its a little light on the pocket all thanks to you and BSNL and I am not complaining for what I am paying at all. The only downside is the service part which I have found a way to 'handle'. I am just struggling with registering myself on bsnl so that I can check my data usage . I called customer care and they told me to register on Loading Portal... so I did. But after registration it showed that an agent of BSNL would verify my details and then send my log in details in 24 hours. Thats the only lose end left.

@x720 is expert with these things. He helped me. The process is annoying and their website sucks. You would eventually give up on tracking usage details 😛

Ohhh but there must be a way apart from calling them daily to know my usage. Because I don't want to surf the net at 256 kbps even for 5 days after the nightmare I have gone through because of airtel and their legal battles.

@Neo8

Have you gotten customer ID? I guess, since you were able to register and get that 24 hours message.

Wait for a day or two. You'll get the email. Iirc, they do it manually, so it takes some time.

Also, the usage meter on their portal can tend to be inaccurate..

@Neo8

Have you gotten customer ID? I guess, since you were able to register and get that 24 hours message.

Wait for a day or two. You'll get the email. Iirc, they do it manually, so it takes some time.

Also, the usage meter on their portal can tend to be inaccurate..

Thanks for the reply x720
Yes I got the customer ID today itself from customer care and they told me how to register. If the usage meter is inaccurate then what should I do to track my usage (i know a stupid question but any alternate would be very helpful) and also when my fup limit exhausts what would be my speed. 256 Kbps or 512 Kbps??

back in 2011 when i was on BSNL there was this software which would take userid/pass and then connect to BSNL portal to fetch your datausage and then display that info in a very simple readable format and daily usage graphs too.
I think it was this one: Dataone Usage Finder - Software Informer. It is a wonderful tool to serve the purpose of Usage Finder for dataone users.

And if that doesn't work for you then install a local network monitor (like NetWorx) which would keep track of your usage. no need to visit BSNL portal. it might take a month or two to see how much BSNL portal and NetWorx counter differ in their calculations.