Airtel Broadband down since 10/05/2015 due to Metro Work in Faridabad

• Thread starter Thread starter Neo8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 9,126
Did that. Someone from bsnl called and wasn't aware of a 4 mbps 100gb or 175 gb plan. He said he only has the knowledge of Max 40 gb plan which they offer.

Don't worry about that. Ask him to come home and collect docs. Make sure you write down the plan name properly, and select proper plan in plan sheet.

Thinking of going to the bsnl office itself on Monday. Will be better to do a face to face talk and clarify the plans before giving docs.

Tried Railwire too but they haven't started in Faridabad yet. Too less options here. Will check with Reliance net connect also.

How is Bsnl evdo? I saw a 750 unlimited plan on that. That's quite cheap. What is the usual speed on it?

Confirm if your area has BSNL evdo. Gurgaon does, but I've never used it personally; given how difficult it is to get a connection in general and NCR in particular.

Will do so. However, if I manage to procure it, is it advisable to use? The investment is I guess 1200 bucks dongle and den 750 plan.

If bsnl gives me 100gb 4 mbps plan Dat will cost 2000 bucks at least with taxes included. So, trying to find more feasible options.

Open to suggestions. Plz.

Also on a side note. I found my buffalo router and Adsl 2 modem which r working fine. I use to use dem years back when I had Failtel. Can they be used now as well with Bsnl?

Yes. Modem router will work with bsnl. No idea what quality the modem router will give , given its age.

Bsnl evdo if working well, will give around 2mbit.

4mbps ADSL will give around 3.5.

Take your pick after testing both.

If bsnl evdo doesn't work, rcom evdo unlimited is also an option. But you'll be bleeding money if you keep experimenting 😛

Thanks x720. Let me do some more research. Seems like if bsnl didn't clicked have to do trial and error with evdo. Damn.

Went to bsnl office. Broadband plans he will come to house on Monday n tell me.

Got info for the evdo. It's 1200 for dongle and 750p.m recharge unlimited.
Stated speed is 3.1mbps. D guy sitting there said I will get around 1mbps judging from my house to tower distance.

Now my questions are -
1. What will be my download speed per second if I am getting 1mbps consistently?

2. My house is exactly 2.3 km from the tower which I calculated today. So, how much speed should I be getting realistically?

1. Around 100-120kBps. Optimistic approximation

2. Well, 2.3km is quite a bit. It might work decently if you live in a high rise or if there aren't tall buildings in between.

Still difficult to judge anything with wireless.

Alrite. 120 kbps is less but if it's unlimited I can live with it. He said they can give a demo at my place so will schedule it and see.

The nit so good thing is Evdo won't work in Delhi and Mumbai. Roi it works. So, I can only use it at home and not in my office in Delhi.

Dz why thinking of checking reliance evdo also but no one at customer care picks the call.

Reliance will give more or less 1mbit minimum. Don't expect too much from the CC. What info are you looking for?