Airtel Broadband down since 10/05/2015 due to Metro Work in Faridabad

• Thread starter Thread starter Neo8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 9,116
ISP
AIRTEL
I have been using Airtel Broadband for last 10 years almost. I live in Faridabad and I was one of the first one's to buy their connection. I have always loved airtel because of their flawless service and recommended airtel to everyone I know. I am a heavy user and I was using the 2mbps 160 gb plan because it had the highest data limit which was the cheapest even though it was just 2mbps. On 10/05/2015 due to Metro work in Faridabad some 200 connections were disconnected and a legal battle is going on between airtel and HUDA(HARYANA URBAN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY) which means that my connection won't be coming back soon if at all it comes. The funny thing is that the people who bought airtel broadband recently are still connected like my neighbor. I have requested ,complaint and pleaded with them to give me a new connection or alternate connection ,connection from a different route but all in vain. I therefore tried to look into other broadband plans. Please suggest me other broadband ISPs.

Bsnl?

Bsnl is a bit expensive for me. Reliance and Tata Docomo are not present. I require atleast 160gb data limit of fup. I was trying for Tikona but just read the horror stories related to Tikona so I am confused.

BSNL plans should be cheaper than Airtel at least in Faridabad.

The cheapest 150 gb plan in BSNL is 3500 + service tax where as in airtel I was paying around 2500 for 160 gb with same speed 2mbps.

Reliance is not available in Faridabad (Wireline) (I have tried already) , But I have booked my 2250 uld combo plan thanks to you guys . Once it is installed , I will give the review. Thanks a lot Nishant and chromaniac .

Hey Neo, which sector u stay in Faridabad.. I put up in sector 17 and couple of my friends had same issue with airtel.

Could you tell me the procedure u did for booking the bsnl connection?

Also, do give a review of bsnl as I need a new connection too ASAP. Thanks.