• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,589

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Here is a mail a friend received. I am going to highlight the problem parts.

At the onset we would like to thank you for your continued patronage
towards Airtel Broadband.
With the ever changing world of internet, your requirements as a
customer have also been changing. Recent studies done with our
customers suggest most of the evolving activities like watching online
videos, sending mail attachments, listening to songs, uploading &
downloading pictures, movies, songs, etc are experienced much better
at higher speed broadband connections. It is for this reason that we
at Airtel have decided to upgrade your speed.
After consumption of 10 GBs the speed will go back to your original
plan speed. To continue to be on high speed, please use "Speed on
Demand". To know more, log on to Speed on Demand- Internet Speed on Demand: Airtel Broadband VAS.
Airtel, with this step, enhances your broadband experience to a much
higher level. The upgraded speed will give you the convenience to
download songs, play exciting games, stream without buffering, upload
videos or files really fast and download full length feature films
upto 2 times faster.
While with increased speed you enjoy more activities online, we advice
you to take adequate steps to protect your PC from viruses & malware.
You can easily protect your computer by subscribing to Airtel PC
Secure which gives anti virus protection. Please log on to
PC Secure Antivirus- Antivirus Packages: Airtel VAS to subscribe or to know more about the service.

Games on Demand gives you access to unlimited gaming which includes
popular games like World of Warcraft, Need for Speed, T20 Cricket,
etc.
Website Builder helps you build your own website in just a matter of
few minutes.

Airtel must be joking if they believe that customers would use Speed on Demand on a regular basis to get high speeds. If they do... It is a major fail on our part.

Also, Airtel continues to highlight their high speed plans with the concept of fast downloads of movies. Sheer stupidity on their part. Advocating piracy.

so admin speed is upgraded till 10 GB after that normal plan speed with previous plan FUP right

i am not saying anything. the user who got this mail had his speed upgraded a couple of weeks ago. he just got the mail today.

They even promote their PC support antivirus.Is there a single user who has tried it yet?Airtel has become more of a laughing stock mainly due to their crappy Fair usage policy.

well f-secure is a pretty well known company. so that's not a bad deal for people who are not happy with free/legal alternatives.

But still compared to Kaspersky and Eset Its not that popular.

well that is your perception. in my opinion MSE is the best alternative out there!

My friend's laptop had a bunch of malware even though he uses MSE.But then it depends on usage too.No antivirus can provide a complete solution.

exactly. there is no perfect solution for anyone. and it is pretty much impossible to decide upon how good a product really is in comparison to another product.

lol now they want us to use speed on demand so that they can earn more money. Day by day I am making my mind to disconnect airtel 🙂

Also, Airtel continues to highlight their high speed plans with the concept of fast downloads of movies. Sheer stupidity on their part. Advocating piracy.

We naturally only download movies, which we paid for 😗
How you call this piracy?

airtel guy called me and told me that they are upgrading mine current 699 plan to 799 browser in which i will get 512 kbps speed till 8 gb with 500 free call value.and in mine current plan i am already getting speed around 512 kbps with 2500 free call value from a2a.so i told airtel guy nice joke sir.i don't want to upgrade mine plan thanks.LOL