Airtel Broadband Double Speed At Night Scheme

• Thread starter Thread starter xxbomb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 227
  • Views Views 53,739
umm why not? its an existing pack 🙂airtel charges on a per day basis... but takes time to move from one package to another. so i can shift from one pack to another any time i believe. 😀of course if i am on a package and they discontinue it... and i move to another one from that one. then i would not be able to move back...i am getting 30-35 KBps right now on the 1999 package. this is the speed they should be giving out on the 999 pack!

and are you sure abt that?coz the airtel lady told me that billing is done on a day to day basis. so i am charged for the day for the package i have that day.

umm why not?

its an existing pack 🙂

airtel charges on a per day basis... but takes time to move from one package to another. so i can shift from one pack to another any time i believe. 😀

of course if i am on a package and they discontinue it... and i move to another one from that one. then i would not be able to move back...

i am getting 30-35 KBps right now on the 1999 package. this is the speed they should be giving out on the 999 pack!

For some reason i thought once u moved from that 256kbs one there would be no chance to get it back at the original cost of 999. Something has changed etc recently.

getting 30-35KBs on a 512kbs plan is defnitely not on !

yup... i do believe its a line problem. no one responded to my email complaint. i hate making telephonic complaints. i would do it eventually. 😛

and are you sure abt that?

coz the airtel lady told me that billing is done on a day to day basis. so i am charged for the day for the package i have that day.
Yes, im sure 🙂 I changed plans recently 🙂

i guess i would try changing my plan just for the sake of it. i should not have any issues. i have tried changing plans at my nana's place couple of times.

This is the message i got in reply from Airtel when i asked them to upgrade my plan.

Dear Mr. Sirdath Divakaruni,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Broadband and Telephone Services.

Your request regarding Deactivation of Voice top up Rs.300 has been
registered with us. The same will be addressed within 10th November 2007.
The reference number is 19348536.

We are unable to action upon your request as Double bandwidth offer is
currently not in promotion.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer & would like to
thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and
fruitful association with you.

Should you require any further assistance, please mail us back. We will be
glad to assist you.

Assuring you of our best of services at all times.

Yours sincerely,

Teena. S
Customer Care

Did anyone else face this sort of problem with them ?

they completely refused the existence of this plan to me too 🙂

Quite strange, one minute a representative says it's available and the next one says it isn't.

Airtel are starting to look like a bloody joke here.

I think their service is excellent but their customer care has gone down in my books massively.

Here's another thing to cause some confusion - I have not signed up for the 299 top-up, and consequently was getting low speeds (22KB/s in torrents) - but last night I had a look very late at night, and I was getting 40+ KB/s !!