Airtel Broadband Double Speed At Night Scheme

• Thread starter Thread starter xxbomb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 227
  • Views Views 53,766
Inclusive of taxes, it actually amounts to Rs.1467/- not 1300. Also, just to put things in perspective, if Airtel launched its 8mbps plan with 8gb cap for 2000 Rs, Verizon introduced its FiOS (fiber-optic service) today with 20Mbps speeds (up and down) for 2800 Rs (70$).
Ohh and no download limits, in case you were wondering.
Eat that airtel! You've made us third-world beggars of bandwidth.

Please do remember that we live in THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. what you expect? you talk of USA!! dude lemme tell you that downloading of stupid torrents and other p2p networks is BANNED there!! you wont be even able to utilize 10GB of data. with slacker judiciary, you do have many advantages too :thumbsup:. Piracy ahoy!

Banned?!! ROFL? Says who? Have u been reading about the comcast's screw-up in the past few days... they were attempting to ban p2p traffic, when it created a massive furore and then AP did their own testing to validate it. This thing was massively Dugg, i did too. Yesterday comcast issued a statement saying they were "delaying traffic, not totally banning it." (They were using a sandvine appliance). So whoever told you about p2p banning in US, was tripping. You are partially right abt third world, it should be "we're a thirld world country with first world aspirations". And it's bcoz of easy-pleasey complacency of ppl like you, that we'll remain that way for centuries to come.

It is certainly not "Banned", it is however "illegal" to download the pirated content from P2P networks, so forget 10GB, most download well into the hundreds of GBs in a month there, that is the reason that ISPs like Comcast are using P2P shapers to reduce the load.

It is certainly not "Banned", it is however "illegal" to download the pirated content from P2P networks, so forget 10GB, most download well into the hundreds of GBs in a month there, that is the reason that ISPs like Comcast are using P2P shapers to reduce the load.
exactly!

peers of mine in states dont download more than say 15-20 gigs a month. BTW she is involved in webhosting business and only downloads they have is through business stuff. No un necessary piracy of music, movies. They buy original rather than pirate.

peers of mine in states dont download more than say 15-20 gigs a month. BTW she is involved in webhosting business and only downloads they have is through business stuff. No un necessary piracy of music, movies. They buy original rather than pirate.

That is nice. More of a minority case, really, since all stats point to the majority of web-traffic being P2P related, US included. Whether it's good or bad is debatable. I, for one, too own all legal music, but for a different reason (the best mp3s just don't cut even on an entry-audiophile system. And neither do all CDs.. ahh... the sweet sound of a japanese pressing!)

We are lucky that we are able to download anything without fear of persecution by law. In US there is always a sword hanging by thread over downloader's neck. Its risky. As and when infrastructure & cyber law enforcement improves in India, same thing will happen here also. So enjoy downloads while you can.BTW, I booked my 299 topup today. As per CC, it will take upto 3 days to activate.

heh, honestly if the US gets wiped off the p2p scene, there would be no p2p at all since its at the helm. screw piracy, i need the webs only for me metal 🙁

heh, honestly if the US gets wiped off the p2p scene, there would be no p2p at all since its at the helm. screw piracy, i need the webs only for me metal 🙁

Ever heard of link-removed? Sure their search engine sucks ass but seriously, Sweden vs US.. mmmmm...

^im not a fan. most of what i acquire come by way of private trackers. now that oink's faced the heat, a lot of scene release trackers come under the scanner, too bad for me 🙁

My 299 topup got activated today .... I am getting 60+ speed constantly while previously it was around 45-50 ... and its 1 hr extra too (from 10 pm)... Let see if it remain the same in future ...