Airtel Broadband DC++ hub over ADSL modem??

aravind_svu

ISP
Airtel
Hi guys, I am a Airtel broadband subscriber under 128Kbps plan. My connection is through Beetel 220BXI ADSL2+ Modem.I wanna know whether DC++ can be used with my internet connection.I also wanna know whether it can be used for both public hubs and local hubs like the ones used with sify connection in mumbai.If yes, can you guys please tell me how i can configure my modem and/or my pc for this.I would really appreciate if you guys can give me some of the local bangalore DC++ hub addresses..Thank you. Aravind

Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
The subject is new to me , but appears similar to torrents( which also i never tried !)
DC++ Guide: Getting Started.
Welcome to Beetel Modems for all manuals.
As I undertand it, Basically you are connecting to another computer or "HUB" or port. ( or ICS file sharing)
You may have to do Port forwarding in the Betel modem.
In IE type 192.168.1.1/main.html to access the Advanced settings.

The speed is pretty low 16KB/sec Max . In actual practice you may get 10 to 12 KB/sec.D/L
meaning it will take min 2 minutes to download a 1 MB file.
You get a 2 Mbps (BSNL HOME 500 ) connection which increases the speed almost 20 times.

On Airtel you can use only public Hubs, local ones like on Sify that used to give LAN speeds will not be possible on Airtel because it doesn't work on a LAN system, so as essbebe pointed out, your speeds will be limited to the package you have taken from Airtel.

yes not only low speed but every MB wud be counted if u have MB based plan.