Airtel Broadband compatible with Vista 64- bit ?

• Thread starter Thread starter shrapnel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,951

shrapnel

ISP
Airtel Unlimited 1499
Hi I'm thinking of switching to Airtel Broadband Rs 1499 UL 512kbps in the New Year.I was wondering if I will have any problems as I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit...... any compatibility probs between Vista 64 bit and Airtel Broadband?Some feedback from Vista users would be appreciated.Thank You

there might be if you use a modem with USB. if you use ethernet modem i doubt there will be any problems...

hmmm..... lots of "might be's" and "doubt". I want opinions from people who know for sure.But Thank You for your comments, I'll certainly keep it in mind !

WEll I'm using Windows Vista 64 bit and my modem is connected through ethernet and I'm hacing no probs from my side (i.e. my comp.) unki side se problems to hoti rehti hai.

you could search google and this forum for posts about broadband issues with vista x64. i recall some people posting issues with usb modems and vista x64... just because someone posts that they have no problems (or they are having problems) does not mean you will also see the same results. my recommendation is to get a ethernet based modem/connection and avoid usb.

i use Vista x64, had a USB modem which didnt work so got it replaced by a Ethernet Modem which also has 4 port LAN system inbuilt. So i'm all happy with Airtel.

i use Vista x64, had a USB modem which didnt work so got it replaced by a Ethernet Modem which also has 4 port LAN system inbuilt. So i'm all happy with Airtel.
Cool... thanx..... now I won't try to save money and waste time trying for the USB option.

airtel doesnt have 64bit drivers for their modems so just get the 220bx connect via ethernet and then happy surfing !! 🙂

Ethernet modems are best , you can get them working in ANY os that supports networking . Even if you go for USB modem make sure it also has a ethernet port as that one would definitely work 🙂