• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,706

comp@ddict

ISP
AIRTEL
I recently changed my plan to:-

AIRTEL's 512KBPS Unlimited Plan for Rs. 1499 per month

The guy from AIRTEL came and configured my connection, I ran the "SpeedTest" to ensure the speed, and I confirmed it. It was 512KBPS.

I'm aware of "FAIR USAGE POLICY" and my limit of 25GB, after which my speed will be halved. But I've probably downloaded 5GB this month, that's all, and what do I find(this was on FRIDAY) that my download speed doesn't go higher than 32KB/s, which earlier was 64KB/s for the 512KBPS connection.

I ran "SpeedTest" again, and to my horror, found that my connection in now a 256KBPS connection. I checked eveything, waited for these 3 days, even made a call to AIRTEL. But they said that:-

"Sir, for Rs. 1499, we only have one plan, 256KBPS Unlimited, HOW COULD THIS BE!!!!!!!!!!"

I feel utterly cheated. And I am ready to take any necessary action against AIRTEL.

PLEASE please HELP ME!:wall:

Airtel Broadband Plans: Get exciting tariff rates with unlimited and combo packs Selected delhi.

the plan you mention is not listed. combo 1599 listed.

Value Combo 1599
Monthly Commitment (Rs.) 1599
Free Minutes Rs.100
Local Minutes NA
STD minutes NA
Broadband Data Transfer Limit Unlimited
Download Speed * 512 Kbps till 100GB, 256 Kbps beyond 100 GB
CLI Charges (Rs.) Nil.........

change plan by sending email to cc. ( also on phone get ref number )

what essebebe why change the plan if it is not listed.The fact is that the CC gave him the 512k plan for 1499 means that they have to provide it.compaddict do you have the interaction code or any code when you changed your plan?.escalate to the nodal officer.THe fup is not applicable in NCR.tell them that i will goto the consumer court. isps need to be sued in india to get them straight

I'm left with no option. I'm beeing looted. Consumer court yeah. Airtel wud crunch their way out with money power.

512k plan for 1499 means that they have to provide it

Test it to their server.
No ISP will give this speed on 24/7 basis.
Post link for speed test/s taken.

No proof the system is Ok.
thread starter has the option to discontinue the service.
This forum can be used only as a "punching bag" .
It takes lot of effort to prove something and
he could send email to CC nodal
appealate etc to create a case.

Even consumer court wants details/proofs etc
before taking up the matter.

but in BSNL for RS.250 u would get speeds upto 2Mbps:thumb: Do change the title as AIRTEL cheating INDIA that would be perfect😡

ur plan was recently changed and the ldap server need to upgrade ur plan.log the slow browsing complain.. ISP rectify the problem.

@adi10289.... 60.71 MBps????? what connection is that? how much does it cost? :thumb:

i hav private connection as my father wrk in tata communications aka vsnl:dance:

wow.. lucky you....:wall::wall:

if so close contacts with vsnl then why in touch with airtel broadband??Only 1 connection will suffice, isnt it??

I recently changed my plan to:-

AIRTEL's 512KBPS Unlimited Plan for Rs. 1499 per month

The guy from AIRTEL came and configured my connection, I ran the "SpeedTest" to ensure the speed, and I confirmed it. It was 512KBPS.

I'm aware of "FAIR USAGE POLICY" and my limit of 25GB, after which my speed will be halved. But I've probably downloaded 5GB this month, that's all, and what do I find(this was on FRIDAY) that my download speed doesn't go higher than 32KB/s, which earlier was 64KB/s for the 512KBPS connection.

I ran "SpeedTest" again, and to my horror, found that my connection in now a 256KBPS connection. I checked eveything, waited for these 3 days, even made a call to AIRTEL. But they said that:-

"Sir, for Rs. 1499, we only have one plan, 256KBPS Unlimited, HOW COULD THIS BE!!!!!!!!!!"

I feel utterly cheated. And I am ready to take any necessary action against AIRTEL.

PLEASE please HELP ME!:wall:

i understand your feeling. but this is india, any thing can happen.
Try bribing ur engineer with Rs 1 or 2k.

u might just be lucky that he will open ur port for a 1024 connection. as far i known . no one see the port , and u can shift to 128 kpbs plan and still enjoy a 512kbps or 1024 connection