Airtel Broadband: Beetel 220bx Usb Disconnections

• Thread starter Thread starter Joost
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 9,662

Joost

When the Beetel 220BX is connecting to my or my friends laptop, with usb,it keeps disconnectin, you don't see this on the network connection screen,internet just doesn't work and pinging is not possible.unplugging and plugging the usb back in solves the problem most of the time.Does anybody know why this is and how we can solve this?This occurs without any utp (ethernet) cable plugged in...

In my laptop WindowsXp Pro does not like 220Bx and wants to remove the hardware. An Icon appears in the Taskbar The drivers are not digitally signed. However I have no problem using it. I just used the CD airtel provided.

QUOTE(essbebe @ Mar 18 2007, 11:24 PM) [snapback]83771[/snapback]
In my laptop WindowsXp Pro does not like 220Bx and wants to remove the hardware.
An Icon appears in the Taskbar
The drivers are not digitally signed.
However I have no problem using it.
I just used the CD airtel provided.[/b]

I too have windows xo pro, but have nor problems with the driver,
also used the cd airtel provided.
It really sucks 🙁

QUOTE(Joost @ Mar 14 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]83303[/snapback]
When the Beetel 220BX is connecting to my or my friends laptop, with usb,
it keeps disconnectin, you don't see this on the network connection screen,
internet just doesn't work and pinging is not possible.

unplugging and plugging the usb back in solves the problem most of the time.

Does anybody know why this is and how we can solve this?

This occurs without any utp (ethernet) cable plugged in...[/b]
u mean when u use the lan card this disconnection prob is nt there?

this is my problem also.....i checked my usb n driver ...its perfect.....i think this problem wil nt b there once its connected thru ethernet.

QUOTE(jason @ Mar 27 2007, 12:57 AM) [snapback]84975[/snapback]
u mean when u use the lan card this disconnection prob is nt there?[/b]
Exactly.
QUOTE(jason @ Mar 28 2007, 02:16 PM) [snapback]85142[/snapback]
this is my problem also.....i checked my usb n driver ...its perfect.....i think this problem wil nt b there once its connected thru ethernet.[/b]
Same here..
QUOTE(Airtel Buddie @ Mar 27 2007, 11:43 PM) [snapback]85086[/snapback]
Get Ur USB port checked... its faulty. OR maybe U R Using an older version of drivers[/b]
My USB port is fine and I'm using the right drivers.
It looks like it happens more when there is heavier activity...

Code:
http://techstreak.blogspot.com/2007/04/stop-using-usbswitch-to-ethernet.html
this is a solution to all these problems

QUOTE(jason @ Apr 5 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]86227[/snapback]
Code:
http://techstreak.blogspot.com/2007/04/stop-using-usbswitch-to-ethernet.html
this is a solution to all these problems[/b]
This is not a solution, this is a way to avoid the problem...

I want to use both the usb and the ethernet ports on the modem 😉

solution - 1. ask Airtel to replace your modem. if still problem continues, ask for other brand.2. get urself a lan card - its cheap - costs around Rs. 150 - 200/- - will solve all ur probs..

OK, sorry for "ukhaading gade murday" 😛, but airtel technician(who gives modem, etc) confirmed that this is a prob with all(most) of 220BX modems. so theres no soln xcept using ethernet port. 😕

Well i have the same problem too..My beetel 220bx on airtel1) Disconects every 1/2 hour when connected on usbturning it off the modem and then back on solves it but after another 1/2 hour it disconnects again2)Works fine when connected on etherenet3)All drivers are up to date and it isnt a problem with usb portWhen i callled airtel this is waht they told me "..........it is not recomended to use the modem on usb as this will result in frequent disconnection. The modem is supposed to be used over ethernet but usb connection is provided for a 'temporary backup' in case ethernet is not working........."So if u ask me the only way around this is to use the lan port on the beetel 220 bx. But lets say you have only 1 lan port on pc and u need that to connect to another computer by lan then i suggest1] Buy a lan cardor2] buy a hub This gives you about about 4 more additional lan slots and you connect connect your modem to each computer and still connect the computers on lan with each otheror3] Invest in a more expensive wireless network system (Costs about 2000 i think)yeah i know its retarded that i cant use the usb for broadband but u dont think theres any other way....