Airtel Broadband: Awesome software to track DSL usage

• Thread starter Thread starter orangehues
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 38,290

orangehues

ISP
Airtel 899 combo 512 kbps
I'm on Airtel 999 unlimited plan and am about to migrate to 899 combo 512 kbps which has a 3gb transfer limit.

So I desperately needed a free data transfer utility that would let me keep tabs on my transfer when the new plan is activated. Sadly datafox works only on BSNL/MTNL plans and Airtel doesn't give you a good indication of usage on their site (for which you have to register submitting your residence proof and ID - which I did).

So I just spent like a couple of hours downloading and testing out half a dozen software that would let me do this...most of which were crap except one which wasn't free. 🙁 Thankfully I managed to get my hands on its serial registration key. :thumbsup:
DU Meter

It's called DU Meter - Download & Upload meter and I can't believe how useful this thing is. Here's a list of features:

[*]Monitor download and upload data transfer over a day, a week or an entire month.
[*]MOST USEFUL FEATURE: It will alert you if you exceed a daily / monthly / weekly limit you set in advance. For example if you have a 3gb limit, just setup a 100mb/day alert and you're safe. This feature is a godsend!
[*]You can also setup notifications if the connections gets real slow.
[*]You can track your download and upload SPEEDS as well.
[*]Very low CPU usage.
[*]Semi transparent window
[*]Starts with windows
[/list]If you have a download limit in your plan, I can't recommend this enough. Here is a screen shot:

Download DU METER

*EDITED by prathapml, warez not allowed for safety of forum*

so this 899 plan has only 3GB monthly download limit? it doesnt even have night unlimited right? looks like another bad plan from craptel.btw ive been using DU meter for a few months and its a pretty good software.

Well I guess the 799 Plan with 1GB limit is in action here in Tamilnadu. It has Night Unlimited I think! :huh: BTW I use DU Meter and Hootech Net Meter. Both are awesome to track downloads.. But DU Meter has some extra feautres!

Thanks, orangehues. Hopefully I never have to check it out!I think it's sad that the ISPs drive people to this length.... all plans should just be unlimited for the sake of convenience and practicality.

^great softwares!!

I am on a nighttime unlimited plan. Is there any one of these software utilities that can take that into account? I would like it not to register dataflow between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m.

Well Gamik then just quit the software when your Night Unlimited begins! I do it that way... 😛 If anyone can suggest a better way plz.. post! 🙂

NO need for any crack & warezDownload Netmeter - Posted in one of my thread with screenshot,,, Check outFREEWARE.. amazing software..

Tautology Bandwidth Meter - Internet Traffic Usage Monitor FREE No key required. WatchWAN FREE No key required.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/9215/75435459jv6.jpg
Really awesome find :yahoo:i have been facing problem in limiting my day time usage.but unlimited download in night:thumbsup:.This software solved my problem it got Start/Stop time Monitor facility.

It will be help full for people who have Home plan 499 and as well who all have free night download.

Once again Thank you :thumbsup: