• Thread starter Thread starter Shashank41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 7,682

Shashank41

ISP
Bsnl
guys i got a very curious problem
i subscribed to the 1299 plan with the 512 kbps speed in the day time and 1 mbps at night but am getting only speeds of 0.11 or 0.12 mbps on surfing.
i did the speedtest on speedtest.net with delhi as the server and got the upload stream as 218 kbps and d/l speed as 0.11 mbps
my dsl router config panel is showing the following data
Board ID: 96338L-2M-8M
Software Version: 3.12L.01.A2pB023k.d20k_rc2
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 1.0.37-12.1

This information reflects the current status of your DSL connection.

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 576
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 2560
LAN IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.1
MAC Address: 00-1e-40-ba-b4-4d
Default Gateway: 122.160.230.18
Primary DNS Server: 202.56.215.54
Secondary DNS Server: 202.56.215.41

the diagnostics panel is showing ths>>>
Test your ENET Connection: PASS

Test the connection to your DSL service provider
Test ADSL Synchronization: PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL
Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: FAIL

Test the connection to your Internet service provider
Test PPP server connection: PASS
Test authentication with ISP: PASS
Test the assigned IP address: PASS
Ping default gateway: PASS
Ping primary Domain Name Server: PASS
what do i do now to rectify this ?????
:S

----------

also the stats page s sowing the following data>>>>>>
Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 30.1 22.0
Attenuation (dB): 23.0 10.0
Output Power (dBm): 12.5 17.2
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 11552 1152
Rate (Kbps): 2560 576
K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 81 19
R (number of check bytes in RS code word): 0 0
S (RS code word size in DMT frame): 1 1
D (interleaver depth): 1 1
Delay (msec): 0 0

Super Frames: 314764 314769
Super Frame Errors: 0 0
RS Words: 0 0
RS Correctable Errors: 0 0
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 0 N/A

HEC Errors: 0 0
OCD Errors: 0 0
LCD Errors: 0 0
Total Cells: 32308052 0
Data Cells: 2838912 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

Total ES: 0 0
Total SES: 0 0
Total UAS: 19 0
plz help man.....

Call Airtel and speak to them.If restarting the modem is not helping you, then its definitely a back end problem

well i talked to the guys and they did not tell me anything just gave me a complaint no. and told me that they wud try to rectify the problem in the next 48 hours......so i gotta wait for the next 48 hours or is there any thing else i can do ??

No nothing that would solve your issue. You could try out SOD service to see if it really not a physical line problem. If you get 2Mbps from SOD then its definitely a settings problem with your profile, which will be fixed by backend only. I dont think they work on sundays so its best to wait till tuesday evening b4 calling up again.:inodding:

😕 sod..???my speed of surfing on speedtest.net is0.12 mbps down 0.48 mbps up..plz.. give details bout SOD...

you need to log in to airtel portal to enable speed on demand for an hour or so. that ways you can check out the quality of your wiring if it is able to handle faster speeds or not.

Go to airtel.in/sodSelect your city.In the popup window, enter your broadband ID and password.Select one of the options - preferably atleast 1 MbpsNext page click on 'Agree'.It will display a message stating speed is activated.Check speed on speedtest.netDeactivate if satisfied.

of course your bill for the month would have the additional charges for the SOD usage.

The good thing though is the 5 minute pulse. So even if he uses 2 Mbps, for a 5 minute period it would come to just Rs. 6.25/-

^Yes. I have it on my bills. I use it for short bursts mostly.

----------

Check this, snapshots from my recent bills. Note the duration and the charge

ok so i used the sod and the result on speedtest.net was still the same as before. the u speed was 0.48 kbps and 0.12 kbps downlad........

@Shashank

Must be a line problem then. Tell the customer care about what you did and then tell them to fix the problem.

I checked out SoD and worked nicely for me. I experienced 1 Mbps for a few minutes, and then deactivated it. I got these speeds for that time -

SOD is pretty reliable from whatever I have noticed. Never faced an issue till date with it. :thumb:

when i changed my speed to 2 mbps the down speed came out to be 0.9 mbps and upload speed was 0.48 mbps.
plz.. help me what to do. i complaint it to the airtel but still no change of speed.
suggest what i can do at my end and what the problem is..

----------

this is what i got just now...

https://www.speedtest.net