Airtel broadband activation charges/service charge

• Thread starter Thread starter activity
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 11,133

activity

ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber
I had applied for a new Airtel BB connection from an Airtel store - There is a non refundable charge of 1000/- (non refundable) for the plan - Turbo 40GB 1349/-

-- Apparently you can register for a new connection online, and save 500/- !

I had noticed the first Bill listed a special charge called "Voice activation fee" for 1000/- and they had reduced this amount against the deposit/fee collected. In addition to this, they had charged 127/- as service tax on this amount!

On checking with Airtel CC via FB , they refunded the amount, saying it's a mistake .

Has anyone else faced this issue? Do check your bill on applying for a new connection.

P.S. - Tata Sky also showed a charge of 50/- for "Ethernet cable handling fee" in the detailed bill , which they proceeded to refund shortly after a query from my side.

I just wanted to check if others users are also getting spurious charges (Cramming) ...?

hmm. i did not check my first airtel bill that i got few months ago 🙁

You can check online on My Airtel . Check the PDF statement, and look for charges that seem out of place.

Ideally we should have a BB plan charge (1349) and Service tax+cess ( 12.36% + Something) .

Anything else should be reported on Facebook !

hEq5cI7.png

looks ok? 😀