Airtel Braodband \mumbai

max

Regulars
Regulars
256Kbps. There are currently no installation charges. But they are taking 500 bucks as security deposit(refundable). Which area do you live in magnet?

chicmagnet

Regulars
Regulars
man they would never come to jogeshwari where i live in ... there is no other isp here either :( sheesh

magnet

Regulars
hey max i stay in chembur....and i liv in area where hathway is predominant........also exatt is here...but since hathway has strong base they avoided me...i spended ard 5k on installation,registration and other stuffs frm hathway..and now pay 1.1k for 256kbps unlimited...but now they provided the same type of connection my frnd in 2.5k...........so they r getting cheap now.........i hope airtel progresses fast so as my internet provider further upgrade me........or else ill too go with airtel if they launch here

max

Regulars
Regulars
magnet, you are very lucky. But Hathway has a bad habit of caping ports which I hate. Also they dont allow p2p :(

amogh_gulwady

Viking Warrior
Regulars
They are surely there in Thane and South Bombay. They are also present in some western suburbs of Mumbai.[/b]

I live in Thane....Called them up today, they took down my name, ph #, and address....Said as soon as it reaches Thane we will contact you...

Am really eagerly waiting for Airtel, coz I've heard lotsa good stories about em...

Cheers,
Amogh

max

Regulars
Regulars
yeah. they did take down my details and their cables are just 500m from my building but they say, they will require atleast 2-3 months to come to my building :(

magnet

Regulars
max...now u can say that..but earlier i had hathway old connection..550 on lan wire........they used to giv me ard 256kbps...in its ending 3 months...they l8er changed it too logging...and never used to get mor than 5kBPs........ nyways my present net person said they hav only blocked the port which supports vOip.............but after skype(which uses p2p)..i guess that also prob is solved for me...btw any p2p works well with me........bit torrents,ares,limewire,morpheus...all.......i use ares alot...but highest i got was on morpheus was 38;...nyways i m waiting foe airtel to come here...atlest my cable fees will go down..........1.1k is damn much.....hope it goes ard 600-700

y5krahul

hey magnet where exactly do u stay in chembur??? do u star near station or central avenue rd..??? i stay in the same locality... could u pls update info on this site when airtel will be entering our area if u get any news... n have u called up airtel regarding when they r coming here???

max

Regulars
Regulars
keep me updated as well...AFAIK, hathway does block many ports especially p2p, VoIP etc... My friend has a hathway 64Kbps unlimited connection and he gets about 8-10KBps!

dpaven1207

i too called them up today to check .. well.. they will take time to come to new bombay - vashi ! Anyone could suggest which is the best broadband i could go for in Vashi area?