Airtel Blocking VoIP Services?

• Thread starter Thread starter BSNL_Airtel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 55,757
The VSP i was using were Gizmoproject and IPKall. Are these blocked by any chance, if so what are the other VSP through which i can make my voip work !!!

just ping the sip servers of any VSP that u intend to use..if u get a time-out means that its blocked.

@zakaReddy
I am using Vonage with IP 192.168.15.1
with BSNL and Airtel without any problem
using beetel110BX1 ( same as . 220BX etc )
and vonage unit from U.S.

1.Since you had success connecting VOIP in a BSNL connection,
with the SAME modem try with Airtel. ( ALWAYS ON ppp/pppoE
connection. In wan page enter Airtel ID and password
and VPI/VCI 1 and 32.

2. If you mention the Airtel Modem you use,
further checks can be made.

3. REF:
Linksys PAP2 Phone Adapter Configuration Setup Guide - InPhonex

Para Two:
Call Airtel CC for assistance. Inform them will be cancelling service
if VOIP is not available, and switching to BSNL. May work !

@zakaReddy
I am using Vonage with IP 192.168.15.1
with BSNL and Airtel without any problem
using beetel110BX1 ( same as . 220BX etc )
and vonage unit from U.S.

1.Since you had success connecting VOIP in a BSNL connection,
with the SAME modem try with Airtel. ( ALWAYS ON ppp/pppoE
connection. In wan page enter Airtel ID and password
and VPI/VCI 1 and 32.

2. If you mention the Airtel Modem you use,
further checks can be made.

3. REF:
Linksys PAP2 Phone Adapter Configuration Setup Guide - InPhonex

Para Two:
Call Airtel CC for assistance. Inform them will be cancelling service
if VOIP is not available, and switching to BSNL. May work !

you can go to consumer court, this is TRAI's policy on september month 2008 to allow VoIP, if they block? you can literally make then pay shit load as compensation. VoIP is now perfectly legal in india and i was reading in the news paper that airtel and bsnl was going against TRAI and blocking VoIP infact all ISP's were going against TRAI. and if a company is going against TRAI? then you can SUE the company and second? you can literally? make them pay loads for damage done ;-) you know how evil you think :-D use your wickedism wickedery. and if you SUE them and they slack in service? SUE them for SLACK in service, now dont i like the govt for some reason? they help backstab themselves :-D
YES YOU CAN SUE THEIR NUTS AND BOLTS AND JACK AND CRACK OUT. VoIP is perfectly legal, well i face no much issues as i am a developer, and i need to point the provider i am going to court if they dont do it? and they do it immediately.
else you can go to digital consortium via eff.org and send them an email and they will do thew rest. they have taken down mercilessly many organisations. hail linux, hail unix, hail BSD, hail hitler (well the one who was against hitler dictator) :-D have fun
-paul
well in the days of NWO (new world order) utter supremacy and dictatorship? take the law in your hand if you have to defend yourself, as you got none to help.

shit load as compensation

indian courts do not shell out shit loads of money as compensation.

indian courts do not shell out shit loads of money as compensation.
Option 1:
The matter is very simple..
VOIP service is available via BSNL but not Airtel.
Switch ISP only for BB /VOIP
and forget Airtel.
TRAI/Lawyers/ etc.
Option 2 :
Or , file case against Airtel
wait for ten/20 years, for
compensation from the court if you win.

Very difficult to prove, without proper documentation,
lack of customer service, denial of service etc.

If user X can get VOIP service , why not user Y ?

HI, help me members ,

I want to know that at p
resent AIRTEL IS BLOCKING VOIP OR NOT ,
and if blocking then which Indians VOIP providers are working with Airtel..

PLease atleast reply

Hi, Friends!i have been using Linksys pap2 adapter for making voip calls. a few months back the adapter could not logon to the voip provider. i thought the problem was with the adapter as i could still make calls through the computer. one of my friends then told me that airtel is blocking pap 2 devices for reasons best known to them. i then tried logging on the pap2 with bsnl connection and it worked. so at present i am using the bsnl for the pap2 without any problem. ( i almost bought a new pap2 thinking the old one had conked.)

Hello,When i ping to proxy01.sippphone.com it showing like the following:C:\>ping proxy01.sippphone.comPing request could not find host proxy01.sippphone.com. Please check the name and try again.When i ping to 198.65.166.131 it showing the following results:C:\>ping 198.65.166.131Pinging 198.65.166.131 with 32 bytes of data:Request timed out.Request timed out.Request timed out.Request timed out.Ping statistics for 198.65.166.131: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),BECAUSE OF THIS My VOIP REGISTRATION IS NOT WORKING USING SIP SOFT PHONE.I discussed with GIZMO support people they checked all the night and finally we all decided to confirm with ISP AIRTELIs Airtel Blocking VOIP? WHY?I am from India, Hyderabad using Airtel

Just call customer care and tell them to open Port no 5060 and 1024 that are the port required to use VOIP service on airtel connection .ThanksDavid Mathew