Airtel billing error: in my favour!

• Thread starter Thread starter Gamik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,284

Gamik

ISP
Airtel
I subscribed to Airtel DSL (Speed 500 Plus) in mid-August and got the standard sign-up benefits:Rs.200/mo. free talktime.3 local numbers free.1 STD number at Rs.1/min.Unlimited data traffic.All for two months.After two months, these benefits were withdrawn and my October bill reflected this.But, in the November bill just received (dt.26.11), all these benefits are back!A friend here (Pondicherry) who also took the same scheme at about the same time also pleasantly finds her benefits restored.Has anyone else experienced this? Can it have anything to do with the number change? Perhaps the billing software sees it as a new connection because the number is new and restarts the "clock" on the benefits.G. Amik

just be careful. When and if they find out they will certainly send you a revised bill 😉

Originally posted by Gamik@Dec 1 2005, 08:24 AM
I subscribed to Airtel DSL (Speed 500 Plus) in mid-August

[snapback]33753[/snapback]
[/quote]

where are u from ? Here in TN they extended the offer ....

Originally posted by senthil85@Dec 2 2005, 07:17 AM
where are u from ? Here in  TN they extended the offer ....
[snapback]33833[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm from Pondicherry.

Yes, I know they extended the offer but not the period of the benefits.

Earlier the benefits were only available for people who subscribed before end of August (September?) but later they extended the scheme. However, the period of the benefits itself was two months (or so) from the day you joined.

G. Amik