Airtel bill payment failed through VISA Bill pay service but account got debited

• Thread starter Thread starter chashti
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 19,936

chashti

ISP
air
Hi
today I registered with Visa Bill Pay service. https://www.visabillpay.in/jsp/index.htm

Thought I could pay my Airtel broadband bill through their service. In fact Airtel customer care people only suggested me to use this service.

After registration I added the biller from my location.
and made payment.

But at the end received the payment declined message.

Within minutes i received SMS alert from my bank saying my account got debited Rs equal to the bill amount .

I logged in to my bank account and indeed the amount was deducted from my account.

I replied back to the Payment declinal notification mail received from VISA Bill Pay about this giving details about the transaction happened from my account.

I called Airtel CC and asked if they received bill amount but they told me it would take at least a day to reflect in their system in case if every thing went right.

Will I get the amount back from them?
Has this happened to any one before?
I guess this must be a regular thing with Visa Bill Pay system.
How is the Visa Bill Pay service reputation?

Why would you opt for this? There's so much incompetence, inefficiency and fraud involved in transactions especially with new-fangled methods like this in which even their customer care is not experienced.Call me old fashioned or paranoid, but I would rather have a paper receipt in my hand that says I have paid the bill in case they try to act funny.But back to your specific problem, chances are that there is a processing time (though that would be counter-productive to what this service is supposed to be about - instantly paying your bill), so wait a day or two, and if your bill isn't cleared or alternatively they don't refund your money, call them up, talk to someone senior. Chances are that will resolve it. If not, then consumer court.

If payment is declined, then I am not sure how the amount got deducted ... Anyways, if payment is made, then airtel will soon get it, else money will be refunded ... I always pay my airtel bill using Airtel.in .... Its strange tht cc told u to use tht service ...

i made the payment...payment was made...tata server rejected the transaction...took them 4 days to refund the money to my account.it was however better than my previous experience with recharging hutch online through ICICI...i have lost close to around 1000 bucks on payments which were not added on to my prepaid card.

Yes you are right!!! We can't trust any one these days.I generally avoid using any kind of internet payment service buttoday i got bit irritated at Easy Bill Pay outlet and the Airtel center is far away from my home.Easy Bill outlet guy refused to take the bill amount and asked me to come within the time slot( which he has fixed i guess ). I have to go to work tomorrow early morning.As last day is tomorrow for the payment I thought of paying online.Its always good choice to go to nearby office and do the payment.When your luck is bad you all get in to troubles like this.Will see if I get any reply from VISA bill pay tomorrow.Now again I have to think of finding a way for paying the bill again, may be drooping cheque would be a better idea i guess.🙁:wall:

@SushubhI haven't lost any money cos of transaction failure as yet ... As u said, money is always refunded in 2-3 days ... I too use ICICI to recharge my mobile ... and many times even after payment it don't add the money to my mobile balance ... But every time money gets refunded in 3-4 days times ... Have u tried contacting ICICI?

ICICI and Vodafone truly makes for a horrendous experience. I lost Rs. 100 recently when a friend being nice tried to recharge it but my phone being out of validity the talktime was essentially confiscated by Vodafone, and they refused to refund the money even when I tried appealing to them to be nice to long-term customers. (After all what is more valuable - that I like Vodafone and continue to use them, or Rs. 100?). The amount is too less, otherwise I would 100% have dragged them to consumer court, and am confident that I would have won.My experience with IRCTC (rail tickets) has been slightly better. A couple of times, their site hung while processing the payment for a ticket. They debited my account but within a day or two refunded it without any action on my part.Moral: India mein paper receipt chalti hai. bus.

@/members/chashti/
check here whether transaction completed >
https://ebpp.airtelworld.com/
I am paying my BSNL bill via Electronic Clearance Scheme for past so many years,without any problem. Airtel offers this facility also, and sometimes they give Rs 300 credit for opting for this scheme. I pay by cheque to Airtel , and drop it in the drop Box.

i too had many probs with ICICI n vodafone regarding online banking payment - but always complain them via email/online form once and the amount used to refund/credited in its due course time (3 days - 2 weeks)..... so not much of problem...now i use apnabill.com - u pay online - u get recharge code instantly - use it - and up u go....

Hi , I am from Tata Teleservices. Can i have your Tata Account no. The Rs. 1000 you have lost..is it on tata accounts. If yes, pls provide me with details on sarfraz.vanoo@tatatel.co.in

i made the payment...

payment was made...

tata server rejected the transaction...

took them 4 days to refund the money to my account.

it was however better than my previous experience with recharging hutch online through ICICI...

i have lost close to around 1000 bucks on payments which were not added on to my prepaid card.

it seems like they have stopped looking in to such issues as i did not receive any mail from them.I sent already 5-6 mails to them.There is no sign of amount being refunded to me.As said earlier i payed the bill through cheque.So please be aware of this and don't take unnecessary risk of loosing your hard earned money

I've been paying online for the last few months without any problems. But I pay through their website, airtelbroadband.inDunno why Airtel themselves suggested the Visa option.

this happened to me once, i called up airtel gave em the ref number and a couple of days later they credited the 2000 odd to the account

Dunno why Airtel themselves suggested the Visa option.

coz AIRTEL gets paid a small percentage of proceeds based on how many customers use the service

[*]Airtel urges(Not forces) customers to use VisaBillPay
[*]VisaBillPay gets advertised and well known as a result,resulting in increased business
[*]Airtel extracts its pound of flesh with the commissions it recieves
[/list]