Airtel benefits differ for existing and new customers on 799 Plan!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sachin23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,336
ISP
Airtel, Jio
(Have used BSNL, GTPL, Tikona, Spectra too)
Has anyone noticed that Airtel Broadband provides different speeds to new customers on the 799 plan as compared to the existing customers? Are existing customers no longer important to them? This is for Bangalore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-005845__01.webp
    Screenshot_20200523-005845__01.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_20200523-005913__01.webp
    Screenshot_20200523-005913__01.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 194
You are currently on Airtel VDSL commonly known as Airtel V-Fiber and what you are looking at on the website is Airtel FTTH commonly known as Airtel Xstream Fiber. There is a difference in infrastructure. Your maximum speed is 40 Mbps and minimum speed on Xstream is 100 Mbps.

Has anyone noticed that Airtel Broadband provides different speeds to new customers on the 799 plan as compared to the existing customers? Are existing customers no longer important to them? This is for Bangalore.
Can confirm. I am on ftth 200 mbps and in my plans section, the 799 plan shows with 40 mbps too

You are currently on Airtel VDSL commonly known as Airtel V-Fiber and what you are looking at on the website is Airtel FTTH commonly known as Airtel Xstream Fiber. There is a difference in infrastructure. Your maximum speed is 40 Mbps and minimum speed on Xstream is 100 Mbps.
No, am on Xstream Fiber. Was using the 200Mbps plan before this. Now using the 799 plan with 299 unlimited topup. Just happened to notice the difference on their website and feel cheated now.

Have also raised this on twitter and email. No one has responded since the last 4 days.

Deleted

I guess it is an issue on Airtel side. If you manage to contact Airtel via customer care number or Twitter or email, they will correct it for you.

airtel website would show the max speeds available on individual plans. actual speeds would depend on their network capability in your area.

vfiber support as high as 100mbps i believe. but there are a lot of areas where they would only offer 16mbps on vfiber network. i only got 40mbps few months ago in my area.

No, am on Xstream Fiber. Was using the 200Mbps plan before this. Now using the 799 plan with 299 unlimited topup. Just happened to notice the difference on their website and feel cheated now.

Have also raised this on twitter and email. No one has responded since the last 4 days.
Try raising a complaint on PG portal.