Airtel BB user looking for alternate ISPs in Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter 1212km
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,821

1212km

ISP
Airtel FTTH - 40mbps 100GB/Rs1599
Hi guys I am from Chennai! I have been an Airtel BB user for the past 7 years, I am currently on a 1mbps connection with FUP of 25GB after that 512kbps, I pay 1400 inclusive of all taxes. I am a heavy BB user and frequently hit 25GB within 15-20 days of my billing cycle. The reason I stayed with Airtel, even after all the FUP BS was because of the stability and near 100% uptime. But the past 3 months the line disconnects when I watch Youtube or browse heavy websites for some time. The SNR, line attenuation and everything seems fine, even bordering near excellent. I use Google DNS and check Namebench every month for better DNS servers. In short, I am looking for an alternate ISP in South Chennai with stability and comparable tariff plans. I have shortlisted BSNL ULD1350 plan but am worried about BSNL CC. I am not comfortable with Reliance after reading about all horror stories in this site. Are there any other ISPs e.g You (not sure about them) providing cheap and stable service in southern Chennai?Sorry about the long post!

Thread closed....coz..u already hate Airtel, dislike BSNL, avoiding Reliance. Better try to live without internet. By the way which part of Chennai you are in?

I am from Tiruvanmiyur, I don't dislike BSNL, if nothing works out I am going to take ULD 1350. I am just trying to get info about You broadband, Tikona etc,.

Have you not read the horrid experiences of You broadband and Tikona subscribers in this forum? Reliance is better than those two on any given day.

I am from Tiruvanmiyur, I don't dislike BSNL, if nothing works out I am going to take ULD 1350. I am just trying to get info about You broadband, Tikona etc,.
Except Airtel & BSNL all the other ISP's service quality differs from place to place. So, you're on ur own buddy. Just ask round and take the risk otherwise stick with Airtel.

That's the problem, there is so much difference in service quality (area-wise) it is more like a gamble trying to get a new connection. Maybe I will raise a disconnection request with Airtel and see if that takes care of the connection problems. If not, it is BSNL, the known devil sort of a thing. God I wish someone like Beam is in Chennai. Thanks guys for the replies.

"Airtel Blocks Vimeo, DailyMotion & All Major Torrent Sites In India Following John Doe Order" maybe I should take your first advice and live without internet:smile: