Airtel BB Down for the last 5 days.

Lolita_Magnum

ᓚᘏᗢ
ISP
AS17665
AS11158
Hey,
My Airtel Xstream has been down for the last 5 days (No signal on PON). I'm on a black plan.

Customer Care is useless and is just there to give me an even more delayed time or just for lip service.

I'm quite fed up right now. I also don't think they'd be willing to compensate for the days the broadband was down which is approx 197INR.

Thank you, request if you guys have any suggestions to help.

Don't they have any SLA policy like Excitel where they give 1 extra day of internet if services are down for 4 hours? Also is it Airtel direct connection or via LCO? What's the actual problem? Fiber cut or what?

Don't they have any SLA policy like Excitel where they give 1 extra day of internet if services are down for 4 hours?
This is all it says regarding SLA So I'm not sure.
Under ‘Priority Resolution’ we offer premium customer support to all Airtel Black customers at our call centers and stores. All Airtel Black customers get access to a dedicated relationship team who have enhanced tools & platforms to resolve issues faster than standard defined SLAs.

Also is it Airtel direct connection or via LCO?
Airtel Direct Presumably, since it was Postpaid by default. How do you check that?

What's the actual problem? Fiber cut or what?
I don't know. There's also no RX Signal on the ONU so I presume that the Airtel Folks have done some major fk up for my fiber.
Also not like I can go knocking on other people's doors asking if they have airtel and if it's working.

@Lolita_Magnum take it up with them on Twitter. Point out that you're an Airtel Black customer and their support is doing diddly squat about the downtime.

In Mumbai you probably have a direct connection not LCO.

@Lolita_Magnum Airtel in Mumbai is direct through and through. 5 days is too much time for Airtel to fix something in Mumbai!
Here is the nodal contact details. You can get in touch with them and they might escalate your issue.

Edit: If you get in touch with nodal, a senior local technical manager will get in touch with you. Build a good rapport with him and get his contact details. They are no-nonsense guys and almost immediately help you (at least in my experience)

I've heard Airtel's system automatically creates a ticket when it detects a problem or disconnection. Is this true?

@havoc they automatically detect issues and if you call their support line 121 they offer you an update with a ETA for a fix. Faced that during the 6 hr long system outage for an upgrade last month. They even send SMSes.

Suppose if I upgrade my Airtel plan from 40 Mbps to 1 Gbps will the connection go down for few seconds or the upgrade is seamless? On excitel if someone upgrades the plan the connection goes away for a few seconds just after 12 AM & it comes back again with upgraded speeds. Is manual OLT configuration needed for plan upgradation? Doesn't matter who the ISP is excitel or Airtel....

If you change your plan it may take about 1-2 hours to take effect. You also need to reboot your router.

For me on Airtel on plan change, it immediately started to take effect probably because of TR069. Manual Configuration is not needed since everything is handled externally either through their app interface or by support call.

@havoc airtel does not automatically generate tickets, but yea if you click on "unable to use the internet" on the app, or just call on the designated number, it will try to connect to the router if it fails it automatically creates a ticket.

But I will say, airtel technicians have access to some diagnostics info. A few weeks back I was out of the city and my dad called me as the internet was not working. I called up the local tech, he checked in his system and told me your ONT is switched off.
I asked my dad to check, and he found the ONT was indeed off. The maid went to clean and by mistake switched it off.

Suppose if I upgrade my Airtel plan from 40 Mbps to 1 Gbps will the connection go down for few seconds or the upgrade is seamless? On excitel if someone upgrades the plan the connection goes away for a few seconds just after 12 AM & it comes back again with upgraded speeds. Is manual OLT configuration needed for plan upgradation? Doesn't matter who the ISP is excitel or Airtel....
I guess airtel going through some technical issues at their end.. recently whatever request given(except safe-custody) it took several days to complete and that even after some escalations. Change of plan to 1 Gbps took one week and then change of router to Dasan took another 3-4 days. Again static IP request took additional one week(and i had to go through pg-portal complaint route for this). Airtel experience twitter support is just useless.

This was not the case earlier, i remember change of plan from 300 to 200 mbps took just few mins or so.

@smnrock upgrading to 1 Gbps can take a long time in my case 15 days (!!!). The reason they gave is they need to assess if that area can actually serve that speed and of course to source the uncommon Dasan router. I had to escalate via calls and Twitter..they're pretty slow though they give you assurances it will be solved soon. 🙁 Static IP took 4 days in my case. Don't know why.

After the system upgrade last month they called to ask me if I wanted to go back to the 1 G plan I said no thanks.

Maybe things are better now in tier 1 cities incl. Pune Hyderabad Bangalore and Ahmedabad but I won't know for sure till I ask for an upgrade to see if things have really improved. Will take a call today as I need to renew the subs tomorrow. 😀