• Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 12,493

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have already posted this in one of the existing threads. decided to create a new thread to collect all user experiences here. As we all know that Airtel recently changed their policy and you can only change your plan at the end of the billing cycle. I have been facing issues with this Airtel policy. And of course I am not alone. From what I got to hear from two phone calls yesterday. And some new posts on the thread... Airtel is conducting some changes in their backend. it is not clear what they are planning to accomplish. But... some people have been told that their plan change has been processed. I have also been told the same. My billing cycle ends on 5th. but i was told that it would be processed faster on pro-rata basis. no dates were given. i had also applied for an address change for an IPTV connection. i was told that due to system upgrades, this would not be possible right now. i would have to wait till 20th of this month for that to happen. if anyone get more information related to these new changes at Airtel, please update us all here.

Even new connections are messed up

i guess that is the reason they did not get back to me on my own new connection request. something is definitely messed up at airtel.

I wonder what they could be doing that requires 10 DAYS downtime....That duration seems to be too high for a large company

I, too, got a similar message this morning, called customer service because my billing cycle starts on the 17th. Those morons hung up on me twice.

Appropriate name for airtel these days is HOTAIRTEL soon to acquire S**TAIRTEL I guess.As Iam writing this,Speed throttling is just killing,not to mention frequent disconnections(imagine what it is doing to half done downloads-StartAll Over Again , & there goes the FUP thru the roof),Not to mention the page hijacks....with astupid little reminder And add to that crappy and utterly pathetic Backend serviceI wish there was some other reliable alternative available-I'll drop HOTAIRTEL like a hot potato right away.....but for now it seems a mere wishful thinking

@adminTry using your contacts to find out what is actually going on...A big company like Airtel does not shut down for 10 Days, unless something has gone VERY wrong

Ah.. any ideas on BSNL BB instalation charges? (with WiFi)

----------

Self explainatory

Dear Customer,

Ref: Email dated 07-07-2011, concern regarding ebill for your airtel number 0124XXXXXXX.

Thank you for writing to airtel.

In order to serve you better, we upgrading our systems, we are unable to provide your account related information and request you to kindly reach us after 30-JUL-2011 to process your request.

We regret the inconvenience caused and appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Please do write in for any further assistance.

----------

Notice the date, now they are saying no e bills till 30 July

I got sms that online payments would be closed...seems they are having problems with the debit card facility..

If there is shutdown for 10 days, does that mean you download as much as you want without FUP? 😉------------------------Gopichand Pai

If there is shutdown for 10 days, does that mean you download as much as you want without FUP? 😉

------------------------
Gopichand Pai

ha I doubt fuktel would ever shut down there fup limit meter they probly made it problem free bulletproof..... :rofl: