Airtel Announces New Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,611
yea, and somewhere they say that it is cheaper than dialup. my @$$.

the problem with airtel fellows is they continue to say its broadbandin reality when i called their call center to know what will be the exact spped i will be getting they say you will get upto 256kbps and speed more than 180kbps is garenteed. now the basic question is how they say its broadband when TRAI has clearly stated that broadband as >256 kbps not speeds upto 256kbps

Hmm but atleast Airtel gives the speeds it offers. In over 6 months I've got max speeds all the time so I wouldnt complain about Airtel and their speeds.But I will complain about their pricing and plans 😉

Yeah their plans and pricing is too poor.....i am willing to get Airtel BB but no plans suits me

they gave two actual unlimited plans with no conditions. sounds like good plans to me. what they lack is a 256kbps unlimited package which they can sell for like 1500 bucks a month. i had like that if that happens.

Yeah apart from the 2 ultd plans, rest is all crap....but then they are expensive for a normal user

This is a real crap plan... Rs. 30 an hour??? That's ridiculous.....Apart form the two home unlimited plans, the other good thing that Airtel has is the Rs. 50 upgrade for unlimited night downloading for the 256kbps connections......The problem with this package is that it assumes that dial-up users will continue to use the internet the way they do even after getting a substantially faster connection...... which really is only the case with someone who barely knows how to open internet explorer and check his/her hotmail...... any personal with average computer skills would want to do a lot more with his connection once he/she sees the speeds, and will find the price forbidding to do anything more than an hour of surfing or so everyday..... (even an hour of surfing everyday works out to be Rs. 900 for the month!!!!).....basically another case of ISPs not looking long-term or aiming high, much less forget what's good for the customers.......

Originally posted by vebmetal@Jul 27 2005, 10:55 PM
basically another case of ISPs not looking long-term or aiming high, much less forget what's good for the customers.......
[snapback]18502[/snapback]
[/quote]

this seems to the story of the Indian BroadBand dreamzz !! grrr

@Rs. 30/- for 1 hr 256 kbps...it comes out to be Rs. 3.75/MB...quite costly!!!considering u won't get the full bandwidth the whole time!!!

cheaper than dialup dude 🙂 if you have to download something trivial and u lack the broadband connection as such 🙂

yeah, that's true...at least u won't have to go through the pain of dialling/disconnections and all that stuff :wub:

yeap. thank god i got connected to internet at home when cable net had arrived in my region. though the connectivity with my cable guy was similar to dialup of today.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jul 28 2005, 02:22 AM
cheaper than dialup dude 🙂 if you have to download something trivial and u lack the broadband connection as such 🙂
[snapback]18550[/snapback]
[/quote]

Why do you always defend Airtel. Just because you have one connection and are happy with it ? Even if you are a consumer of the same you have the right and should criticise them when ever you feel they are just going off track.....