Airtel and Idea hike calling charges. Almost double now.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,172

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
While Bharti Airtel has doubled the call rates from Re 1 per minute to Rs 2 per minute, Idea has also gone for a steep hike from 1.2 paise per second to 2 paise per second

NEW DELHI: In a blow to consumers, both Bharti Airtel and Idea Cellular have increased their call tariff rates by nearly 100 per cent. While Bharti Airtel has doubled the call rates from Re 1 per minute to Rs 2 per minute, Idea has also gone for a steep hike from 1.2 paise per second to 2 paise per second.

Bharti Airtel and Idea hike call tariffs by almost 100%

Yes, this whole paisa per second scheme is useless for me now. They charge 2paise/second, so it's Rs 1.2/minute, it's costing me more than the normal minute tariffs. ****ing bullshit. Same old scheme, attract customers with low tariff and then increase it a couple of years later.

pay per second still works for me because my calls are mostly short. a few of them goes above a minute. 🙂i wonder how much airtel is charging for pay per second plans. it was 1.2 paisa per second right?

i wonder how much airtel is charging for pay per second plans. it was 1.2 paisa per second right?
without any rate cutter it is 1.5p/s over here

i wonder how much airtel is charging for pay per second plans. it was 1.2 paisa per second right?
For airtel2airtel it used to be 1p/s and others 1.2p/s
now it's 2p/s others and airtel is 1.2p/s or 1.5p/s

This reminds me of (WRT to stock market)

The Yes Men - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Yes Men decided to pressure Dow further, so as "Finisterra," Bichlbaum went on the news to claim that Dow planned to liquidate Union Carbide and use the resulting $12 billion to pay for medical care, clean up the site, and fund research into the hazards of other Dow products. After two hours of wide coverage, Dow issued a press release denying the statement, ensuring even greater coverage of the phony news of a cleanup. In Frankfurt, Dow's share price fell 4.24 percent in 23 minutes, wiping $2 billion off its market value. The shares rebounded in Frankfurt after the BBC issued an on-air correction and apology.

Working of free markets which are supposed to uplift the living of mankind , acts weird if you look closely.

Airtels stock prices went up .. Why ? think..

Anyway ontopic.

I recently discovered apps like Whatsapp , viber and other messaging and calling apps . You can easily replace most of your calls , msgs using these .

Calling on 3G is probably going to cost you more.

Anything on 3G is costly 😀

I meant on wifi or simple gprs for whatsapp etc.

at home i prefer calling from my bsnl landline as i get enough free calls as part of my broadband plan. and for messaging, google talk works great.

Yes , agree. But many friends are on whatsapp more often than on Gtalk. Anyway , if we can skip those costly sms/calls from these telecos , by any method, it is welcomed. 😀 Now that they have raised the teleco (call/sms) charges , may be its time they will come after BB also. But cant blame them too , i have seen refilling diesel for cell tower gensets on a daily basis here.. , particularly since the power cut in TN was 10-12 hours. Have come down a little but though.

Regarding diesel, they have got a nasty kick in the butt, as Govt has raised bulk diesel prices to the market rates. that's almost the hike of rs 11 for telecom Cos, as they are a major consumer of bulk diesel apart from indian railways.So more telecom hikes across the board can't be ruled out

Postpaid isn't good for me. I m spending a maximum of 150 a month on phone usage. Including data plan. No billing plan is this cheap. Only thing that will happen now is that i will reduce my calling proportionately, and sms - total no. Will rely fully on Internet based services - by hook or by crook. The problem that I had with the media companies - over pricing in the name of reducing losses, is creeping in here too. Atleast this strategy shud fail big time in my case.