Airtel ADSL to VDSL Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,567
D

Deleted member 63558

Hello, I'm thinking of converting my Airtel ADSL to VDSL.

1. Which modem is the best I should ask Airtel while this process? (Since they provide Huawei, Beetel, Binatone and D-Link).

2. How long does it take to process the conversion (processing the ADSL to VDSL)?

Thanks.

Circle: Delhi

They promised my connection to be converted in 7 working days. But, it was completed it in less than 3 working days. It depends on the area. If the area has VDSL already, it can be done in a day. Mine was a new area. So, there was a lot of testing (outside the house) before they converted my connection. Actually, it was done in an hour once the technician visits the premises.

I don't think we can choose the modem. These days, Huawei is the provided by default (from what I heard). I had an issue with its uptime. They switched to Beetel that works flawlessly so far with 40+ days of uptime, even though Beetel modem doesn't have good reviews on the internet. Huawei is better in every aspect. It just didn't fit my use-case.

@pothi I have VDSL available in my area for like more than 2 years now. It's already 24 hours since I've given the request for the switching from ADSL to VDSL.

Please could you tell me 2 things.

1. What is the issue you were facing with the Huawei (Given that It's the most recommended)?
Huawei is the provided by default (from what I heard). I had an issue with its uptime.

2. What is the model number and the firmware version of the Beetel Modem you're using flawlessly?
They switched to Beetel that works flawlessly so far with 40+ days of uptime, even though Beetel modem doesn't have good reviews on the internet.

Thanks.

Sure.

In Huawei, the internet connection cut off for no reason at random. I had to restart the modem to bring back the internet connectivity. It didn't fit me as I am usually away on weekends. I can't restart it remotely. Neither can Airtel. The DSL light in the modem was stable when internet cut off. I worked together with the Airtel team remotely to troubleshoot. We couldn't find the exact reason. When the technician came, he asked if there is power fluctuations in this area. I said yes. He said that the modem is probably unsuitable on areas with power fluctuations.

Beetel modem is 777vr1, one of the oldest models from Beetel. I can't check the firmware version from my mobile at the moment. I will update here when I find the firmware version.

I appreciate your reply @pothi. I'll be waiting for your reply over the firmware version.

Also, If you could take the screenshot and the photo of the firmware and the modem itself?

That would help me in some stuff with the Airtel Team.

I am away from my work for the past 20+ days. Airtel is used only at my workplace. So, a photo of the router isn't possible. I am trying to connect to the modem using multiple means. I couldn't succeed so far. I forgot the IP range of the modem which is currently used in bridge mode.

Hi @pothi I'll be waiting for your reply for the firmware version.

I have another few questions:

1. Does your modem loads 192.168.1.1 with HTTP or HTTPS?

2. Does it show something like this:

IVfZcJ4.png

3. Does your modem login page page keeps on loading or never loads or sometimes loads with broken design?

Thanks.

Probably, I wasn't clear. I can't access my modem from here. I am at home using BSNL BB. Airtel VDSL is at work that is approximated 100km from here. I can't access my modem from here. The modem is used in bridge mode to connect to a router. I can only access the router and the devices connected to it, except the modem. Because, I forgot the IP range that is used in the modem. I don't want to mess-up with the router settings now. Because, if anything goes wrong, I have to visit the workplace physically in order to reset or do anything, if I lost access to the router. So, sorry, I can't provide the info on the modem in the near future. I have no plan to visit my workplace as everything works nicely from here, including a pi camera to monitor it at night.

I don't remember how it used to load (http or https). If it is https, I am sure it'd have shown the error as mentioned in the picture.

3. Does your modem login page page keeps on loading or never loads or sometimes loads with broken design?

Never experienced any issue with the modem backend. No broken design, either. It showed up correctly to let me configure it in bridge mode.

I hope that helps. Sorry again for not providing the firmware version.

instead of starting a new thread... updating this one. i originally placed a request to upgrade my adsl connection to v-fiber on january 6. i finally got a call today that a visit is scheduled for tomorrow morning for the upgradation.

i am still not sure if they would deliver me the 650 rupee plan. the originally promised 200 rupee discount has disappeared completely. so i am still looking at a monthly bill of 650+99+18%=885 which is basically double of what i have been paying for the last couple of years.

so this is still quite annoying. i would rather donate this money to IFF. would have to keep an eye on JioFiber availability. just need a landline with a backup internet connection with not that much bandwidth.