Airtel 8 Mbps 30GB ADSL Broadband Plan

ISP
Airtel
Hi there,
I have taken a 8 Mbps with a cap of 30 GB plan from Airtel in New Delhi. They are promising me d/l speed of 8 Mbps. However upload speed is not defined by them anywhere. I get an download speed of 6-7 Mbps and an upload speed of 0.37Kbps. Screen shot attached.
Can someone tell me what should be the proper upload seed on a 8 Mbps download pipe on an Airtel account? I am planing to take them to the consumer court on this, as they don't tell while selling their services that this is what they are giving as in upload and download speeds etc.
Can anyone give me a world standard norms for DSL broadband speed? Appreciate a quick reply.
Regards,
Sanjeev

you can complain to them about the low speeds. Many 8 mbps users get only 6-7mbps due to airtel not properly setting the speeds for your account. I had the same problem and after the complaint I get about 9 mbps.
However, this only applies for download, the upload speeds are not guaranteed.Good luck with the consumer court thing, India has not developed to the extent where you can sue an ISP for low upload speeds.

Until a couple of months back, I remember getting around 0.78mbps on speedtest. Right now, I'm getting only this:

In my dsl page, upload speed has been capped to 512kbps. Earlier, I think it used to be around 1024kbps.
I didn't bother registering a complaint because I don't upload except for the odd images.
I'm going to check if 8mbps is feasible for me now.

I have a 8 Mbps connection with 60 GB cap but I do get speeds of 9 Mbps constantly. May be something wrong with your local attenuation rate?