Airtel: 64kbps is appropriate definition of broadband in India

Sushubh

Administrator
Misuse word is being misused here.

Soham Pal

Reliance and Airtel have literally reworded responses, probably copy pasted from a COAI template.

Reliance Communications:
"However, in case of fair usage plans, the subscriber remains into broadband services till the expiry of his assigned quota. Beyond the assigned quota, as per his plan the speed gets reduced which may be lower than 512Kbps. In order to avoid any misuse of the broadband service beyond the designated quota, a service provider should be provided the freedom to throttle the speed after the expiry of assigned data limit to the customer."

Bharti Airtel:
"In case of fair usage plans, the subscriber remains a broadband subscriber till the expiry of his assigned quota. Beyond the assigned quota, it cannot be the prerogative of the customer to keep on accessing data at the defined broadband speed. Hence, a service provider should be free to throttle the speed to 64kbps after the expiry of assigned data limit to the customer."

:D

dextermorgan

Amazing Member
I think they should give people 10 mbps and 100GB for few months and observe the usage patterns. Sure, some people will misuse it but they're using what they paid for? I doubt people will have something meaningful to download once they download games and movies. But again, they may resort to downloading HD prints or streaming netflix.

But if ACT can do it in large scale, so can RATs

Jasmee

I think they should give people 10 mbps and 100GB for few months and observe the usage patterns. Sure, some people will misuse it but they're using what they paid for? I doubt people will have something meaningful to download once they download games and movies. But again, they may resort to downloading HD prints or streaming netflix.

But if ACT can do it in large scale, so can RATs
RATs Full form please !

Sushubh

Administrator
I think they should give people 10 mbps and 100GB for few months and observe the usage patterns.
Right. Anyone who gets access to high speed unlimited connection for a few months would notice that eventually they are left with nothing left to do with the internet to make use of that speed. There are going to be a few exceptions who could possibly find a continues use of high speed internet connectivity but generally speaking, people tend to get bored sooner than later.